Currently I live in Oslo, Norway but am from the U.S. I am due to have my first baby next week and booked tickets for my mom to fly over here. I wasn't really thinking about it when I booked the tickets, but I booked them under the name Kim instead of Kimberly which is the name that is on her passport. I called American Airlines but they told me that they couldn't change the name on the tickets and that I would need to contact the company I booked the tickets through. I called them, and they said there was nothing they could do except make a notation stating that her name is Kimberly and not Kim. I called AA back, they told me that the booking company WOULD be able to make the change, and that there were instructions on how to do so on their website. I called the booking company yet again, they called U.S. Airways themselves (she is flying AA and then switching to BA in London), and they told the booking company they could not actually change the name on the tickets, only make notations. The notations do not guarantee she'll be able to fly though.
The lady at the booking company told me to go to the airline companies websites, and put in all of her passport information including the correct, unshortened version of her name. I went to do so and it looks like it's already been done.
I guess my question is has anyone had any similar experiences? And if so, were you able to fly? I am really freaking out over this, as, if she can't come and share in this experience with me I'll be absolutely devastated, not to mention the large amount of money I've spent on these tickets.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 2 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 3 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 6 Help on ancient history route
- 7 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 8 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 13 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 14 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 18 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 19 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 22 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 23 Best layover option
- 24 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 25 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania