I have long wanted to visit the Normandy beaches, but haven't made it yet. We won't have time on this trip, but we will have one full free day somewhere around Bruges or between Bruges and The Hague. Are there any WWII battlefields/towns/tours that would be worthwhile to visit while in that area?
World War II battlefields
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 5 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 6 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 7 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 8 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 9 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 10 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 11 Southern Spain
- 12 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 14 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 15 1 week in the Cyclades
- 16 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 17 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 18 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 19 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 20 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 25 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters