I am new on this forum so I will shortly introduce myself. I am a 25 year old guy from Italy who has graduated and worked into the marketing area. Due to the ongoing downturn we are suffering in Milan I am figuring out a move in Germany where it seems it may be easier finding an entry-level position into the marketing/business field.
So far I heard that despite being the most exciting city, Berlin doesn't offer much regarding job opportunities since multinational companies have traditionally invested more in places as Hamburg, Munich Frankfurt or Cologne.
This has let me a bit upset as I really enjoyed Berlin when I headed there as a tourist and, unfortunately, I don't have a whole picture of Germany at all as I have never visited other towns.
Also, I heard Frankfurt is considered by most as boring and without much to do. Don't know about Cologne or Hamburg and I am afraid to make a wrong choice.
So, I would be really grateful if someone having a direct experience of living in Germany can give me some advices regarding life and differences among cities.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks and Regards,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Italy
- 4 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 5 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 8 Revised itinerary for italy
- 9 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 10 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 11 Biarritz family holiday
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Lisbon hotel
- 14 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 19 4 Days in Tuscany
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice