I am new on this forum so I will shortly introduce myself. I am a 25 year old guy from Italy who has graduated and worked into the marketing area. Due to the ongoing downturn we are suffering in Milan I am figuring out a move in Germany where it seems it may be easier finding an entry-level position into the marketing/business field.
So far I heard that despite being the most exciting city, Berlin doesn't offer much regarding job opportunities since multinational companies have traditionally invested more in places as Hamburg, Munich Frankfurt or Cologne.
This has let me a bit upset as I really enjoyed Berlin when I headed there as a tourist and, unfortunately, I don't have a whole picture of Germany at all as I have never visited other towns.
Also, I heard Frankfurt is considered by most as boring and without much to do. Don't know about Cologne or Hamburg and I am afraid to make a wrong choice.
So, I would be really grateful if someone having a direct experience of living in Germany can give me some advices regarding life and differences among cities.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks and Regards,
Working in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Germain
- 2 Lakes District UK
- 3 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 4 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 5 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 9 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 10 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 11 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 12 Rome Areas to stay
- 13 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 14 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 17 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 18 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 19 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 20 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 21 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 22 When to go to Sicily
- 23 Wengen to Torino?
- 24 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 25 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car