I am new on this forum so I will shortly introduce myself. I am a 25 year old guy from Italy who has graduated and worked into the marketing area. Due to the ongoing downturn we are suffering in Milan I am figuring out a move in Germany where it seems it may be easier finding an entry-level position into the marketing/business field.
So far I heard that despite being the most exciting city, Berlin doesn't offer much regarding job opportunities since multinational companies have traditionally invested more in places as Hamburg, Munich Frankfurt or Cologne.
This has let me a bit upset as I really enjoyed Berlin when I headed there as a tourist and, unfortunately, I don't have a whole picture of Germany at all as I have never visited other towns.
Also, I heard Frankfurt is considered by most as boring and without much to do. Don't know about Cologne or Hamburg and I am afraid to make a wrong choice.
So, I would be really grateful if someone having a direct experience of living in Germany can give me some advices regarding life and differences among cities.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks and Regards,
Working in Germany
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 River cruises
- 5 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 6 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 9 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 10 More help with housing in Puglia
- 11 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 12 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 13 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 14 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 15 7 days in Andalucia
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 18 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped