I need some advice about getting a working holiday visa in Germany.
I am Australian and will be travelling on an Australian passport. I've checked with the consulate and they advised that there is a bilateral agreement between Australia and Germany and I should apply for a working visa after arriving in Germany. As long as sufficient funds are provided (enough for a return ticket and to support myself for the first three months) and I have health insurance to cover my stay, they said there shouldn't be any problems. My partner lives in Germany and I am able to join his health insurance policy once I am there. I was hoping to only buy insurance for about a month until I can join his plan. Do you think this will be a problem at customs?
I've purchased a one way ticket and am a little bit nervous about being denied entry. Does anybody have experience with applying for this visa?
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Ireland hotel questions
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 7 Switzerland in November?
- 8 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 9 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 getting to CDG
- 14 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 15 Barcelona cooking classes
- 16 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 4 days itinerary for France
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice