We (myself and wife) are planning on a road trip from Woking (Surrey) to Scotland and back, starting this weekend and back by May 1st.
Looking at the forums, I understand it is best to take a break, as it is a 8 hour journey. I am keen to cover interesting places on my way and plan to take a break in Manchester.
Any suggestions on how best to plan this trip and what I need to watch out for...
I am open for suggestions on any other interesting/scenic routes that I need to consider..
Thanks for your tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 2 Apartment Montreux area
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Europe First Timers
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 8 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 9 base in brussels
- 10 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 11 Rome or Venice first
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 16 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 23 Lille Braderie 2017
- 24 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 25 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
Woking(Surrey) to Scotland road trip- scenic route/suggestions needed