We (myself and wife) are planning on a road trip from Woking (Surrey) to Scotland and back, starting this weekend and back by May 1st.
Looking at the forums, I understand it is best to take a break, as it is a 8 hour journey. I am keen to cover interesting places on my way and plan to take a break in Manchester.
Any suggestions on how best to plan this trip and what I need to watch out for...
I am open for suggestions on any other interesting/scenic routes that I need to consider..
Thanks for your tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 2 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 3 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 4 cash or plastic in Greece
- 5 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 6 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 7 Rome and Venice in December
- 8 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 9 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 10 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 11 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 12 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 13 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 14 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 15 planning confusion
- 16 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 17 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 18 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 19 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 20 Dublin transportation help
- 21 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 22 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 23 thermal hot springs near Cassis, France
- 24 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 25 PDX customs 4/28, Spokane, boyfriend in NE Portland,
Woking(Surrey) to Scotland road trip- scenic route/suggestions needed