Cheers from the capital of Winter Olympics 2014! My first day here is running. Got internet (read: got all that is needed). Had just filling free lunch in press-center and right now preparing myself for the evening ceremony. On whole, since our plane landed in Adler airport I'm receiving here positive impressions only. No bears and wild wolves here. Russians are affable and honestly speaking I even already got tired of their constant anxiety. The Olympic spirit definitely is in the air, I can feel it. If some of you still raise any concern on safety, believe... too much of security here. Video surveillance and police patrols are everywhere, as if I've stepped on the board of some Russian secret submarine. Looks like the only place I'm to hide myself from all those security measures is a toilet in my hotel room. Going even as far as to say that they hardly had something of alike in London two years ago. Russian put security at top of their Olympics. For examples to get in evening at ceremony, paving "press" right of access, I'm to pass at least 5 police and different security cordons! Later will add here the picture I made from my room in hotel @Swissotel Kamelia. Russian antiaircraft gun from here looks rather impressive.
WO 2014, Sochi. Day 1
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich with a car?
- 2 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 5 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 Itinerary Help!
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 10 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 11 tour guides in rome
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 15 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 16 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 17 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 18 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 19 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 20 Seaside island village in Greece
- 21 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 22 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 25 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report