I apologize in advance for any grammar mistake as French is my first language. My husband, my daughter (16months) and I live in the States, in Orlando Florida. I have travelled extensively through my life since I was 18 years old. I am in my 30's now. We have 2 weeks and 3 days including travel time to spend in Europe at the end of August. And as I am pulling very long hours at work now, I am sustained by the excitement of planning this next trip.
I am frequently torn between visiting a new destination or a old marvelous destination. This trip is about exploring new places.
My pace, I realize is pretty fast; but I am a person that likes to be busy. (I will be so happy to be in Europe that I will probably wake up before my husband and daughter to walk to streets at dawn before the city/village gets overrun by activities). At the same time, I have a a soon to be toddler and I do need to slow down and we want to enjoy afternoon in parks with her or by the lake. We have been traveling with her since she was born (Switzerland and France Internationally and ski resorts nationally) and she has enjoyed traveling with us.
Here we go.
Day 1: fly overnight from Orlando to Milan
Day 2 : Train to Varenna, Lake Como area. Jet lag. Take it easy.
Day 3: Varenna- explore the lake, gardens.
Day 4 Varenna -more exploring or just plain relaxing.
We have never seen Lake Como.
Day 5: train to Venice.
I have been 3 times, but my husband never has seen it. We plan to stay off the major touristy arteries and get lost in this lovely labyrinth. Walk, relax, eat a lot of gelato, play with our daughter.
Day 6 Venice -more wandering...
Day 7 Venice
that night, we plan to take the direct night train to Munich if I can reserve sleeper cabin. Depart 20:57. Arrive in Munich at 6:10am
Day 8th: Munich
We are not staying long as we want to get to the Bavarian Alps as soon as possible. Originally, we were going to rent a car at the train station and drive directly to Mittenwald in the morning. But after reading about Munich, we got pulled in. We were thinking about dropping out bags in the car and then going for Third Reich walking tour. Then having lunch at the Hofbrauhaus. In the afternoon, while my husband tours the BMW factory, my daughter and I would relaxing in the English gardens. Later that evening, we would drive to Mittenwald (1.5 hours)
Sleep in Mittenwald.
We have never been to the Bavarian Alps.
Day 9th: Mittenwald. Hiking. relaxing.
Day 10th Mittenwald.
Day 11th. Wake up early and drive to Fussen (1 hour). This is our visit the Mad King 's Castle day. Sleep in Fussen
Day 12th: drive to Rothenburg ob der tauber (2 hours).
Day 13th Rothenburg ob der tauber
Day 14th: Drive up to Frankfurt. Drop the car. Fly to Prague. Sleep in Prague.
Day 15th: Prague
Day 16th: Prague
Day 17th: Prague
Day 18th: fly back to Orlando.
Thank you for all responses and good travels to everyone,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 리얼카지노주소■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■아시안바카라ざ아시안바카라
- 2 럭스바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■바카라사이트주소お바카라사이트주소
- 3 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 4 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 5 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 8 Scotland Trip Report
- 9 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 10 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 13 Kayaking in Avignon
- 14 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 15 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 16 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 17 4 days in Provence in early June
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 22 Sintra
- 23 France Itinerary Advice
- 24 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 25 Krakow and Prague-one week
Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague