I apologize in advance for any grammar mistake as French is my first language. My husband, my daughter (16months) and I live in the States, in Orlando Florida. I have travelled extensively through my life since I was 18 years old. I am in my 30's now. We have 2 weeks and 3 days including travel time to spend in Europe at the end of August. And as I am pulling very long hours at work now, I am sustained by the excitement of planning this next trip.
I am frequently torn between visiting a new destination or a old marvelous destination. This trip is about exploring new places.
My pace, I realize is pretty fast; but I am a person that likes to be busy. (I will be so happy to be in Europe that I will probably wake up before my husband and daughter to walk to streets at dawn before the city/village gets overrun by activities). At the same time, I have a a soon to be toddler and I do need to slow down and we want to enjoy afternoon in parks with her or by the lake. We have been traveling with her since she was born (Switzerland and France Internationally and ski resorts nationally) and she has enjoyed traveling with us.
Here we go.
Day 1: fly overnight from Orlando to Milan
Day 2 : Train to Varenna, Lake Como area. Jet lag. Take it easy.
Day 3: Varenna- explore the lake, gardens.
Day 4 Varenna -more exploring or just plain relaxing.
We have never seen Lake Como.
Day 5: train to Venice.
I have been 3 times, but my husband never has seen it. We plan to stay off the major touristy arteries and get lost in this lovely labyrinth. Walk, relax, eat a lot of gelato, play with our daughter.
Day 6 Venice -more wandering...
Day 7 Venice
that night, we plan to take the direct night train to Munich if I can reserve sleeper cabin. Depart 20:57. Arrive in Munich at 6:10am
Day 8th: Munich
We are not staying long as we want to get to the Bavarian Alps as soon as possible. Originally, we were going to rent a car at the train station and drive directly to Mittenwald in the morning. But after reading about Munich, we got pulled in. We were thinking about dropping out bags in the car and then going for Third Reich walking tour. Then having lunch at the Hofbrauhaus. In the afternoon, while my husband tours the BMW factory, my daughter and I would relaxing in the English gardens. Later that evening, we would drive to Mittenwald (1.5 hours)
Sleep in Mittenwald.
We have never been to the Bavarian Alps.
Day 9th: Mittenwald. Hiking. relaxing.
Day 10th Mittenwald.
Day 11th. Wake up early and drive to Fussen (1 hour). This is our visit the Mad King 's Castle day. Sleep in Fussen
Day 12th: drive to Rothenburg ob der tauber (2 hours).
Day 13th Rothenburg ob der tauber
Day 14th: Drive up to Frankfurt. Drop the car. Fly to Prague. Sleep in Prague.
Day 15th: Prague
Day 16th: Prague
Day 17th: Prague
Day 18th: fly back to Orlando.
Thank you for all responses and good travels to everyone,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 인터넷카지노⋞」✥「( SO224。COM )」✥「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 2 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 3 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 8 Versailles
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Where to enjoy Paris
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 23 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 24 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 25 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague