I am travelling to Spain (Barcelona, Madrid) and Portugal (Lisbon) in February. I am trying to determine what the best winter travel apparel would be. I live on the east coast of Canada, where a normal winter day is 0 degrees to -10 degrees Celsius and very damp. On the colder days here, I typically wear a wool hip length peacoat with my normal clothing underneath and am comfortable in that, I tend to run on the warmer side.
I am backpacking and staying in hostels, so I am trying to pack as lightly as possible. I am thinking a mid-thigh trench coat with some water resistance and can layer accordingly underneath. I would of course bring mittens and scarves.
Will this be warm enough in that climate?
I am also wondering if it is acceptable to wear tights with boots while I am there, as they are the lightest to pack and easily dried.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 2 Tide: Tec*h SUPP0RT YAHOO CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O YAHOO Mail 24*7
- 3 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 4 Denmark or Sweden?
- 5 Iceland trip report!
- 6 Couscous
- 7 Bernese Oberland
- 8 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 Moscow Favorites
- 12 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 13 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 TIM in FCO - update
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 Life's most embarrassing moments
- 18 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 19 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 20 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 23 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 24 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 25 Ideas for vacation to Germany