I am travelling to Spain (Barcelona, Madrid) and Portugal (Lisbon) in February. I am trying to determine what the best winter travel apparel would be. I live on the east coast of Canada, where a normal winter day is 0 degrees to -10 degrees Celsius and very damp. On the colder days here, I typically wear a wool hip length peacoat with my normal clothing underneath and am comfortable in that, I tend to run on the warmer side.
I am backpacking and staying in hostels, so I am trying to pack as lightly as possible. I am thinking a mid-thigh trench coat with some water resistance and can layer accordingly underneath. I would of course bring mittens and scarves.
Will this be warm enough in that climate?
I am also wondering if it is acceptable to wear tights with boots while I am there, as they are the lightest to pack and easily dried.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Winter Travel Attire - Spain + Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 2 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 3 Pronunciation
- 4 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 Monet in Normandy
- 7 Dublin Tour Companies
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 11 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 12 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 15 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 16 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 17 Stay near Paris
- 18 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 21 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 24 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 25 Italy Itinerary - Draft