I am travelling to Spain (Barcelona, Madrid) and Portugal (Lisbon) in February. I am trying to determine what the best winter travel apparel would be. I live on the east coast of Canada, where a normal winter day is 0 degrees to -10 degrees Celsius and very damp. On the colder days here, I typically wear a wool hip length peacoat with my normal clothing underneath and am comfortable in that, I tend to run on the warmer side.
I am backpacking and staying in hostels, so I am trying to pack as lightly as possible. I am thinking a mid-thigh trench coat with some water resistance and can layer accordingly underneath. I would of course bring mittens and scarves.
Will this be warm enough in that climate?
I am also wondering if it is acceptable to wear tights with boots while I am there, as they are the lightest to pack and easily dried.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 3 Amsterdam Hotel
- 4 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 5 FCO connection time
- 6 Dolomites October 14-18
- 7 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 8 Switzerland itinerary help
- 9 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 10 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 11 Norway Itinerary
- 12 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 13 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 14 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 15 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 16 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 17 Charles Degaulle question
- 18 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 19 Pompeii luggage storage
- 20 Departure Tax in UK
- 21 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 22 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 23 Train Help
- 24 First time in Italy
- 25 Train rides