I am travelling to Spain (Barcelona, Madrid) and Portugal (Lisbon) in February. I am trying to determine what the best winter travel apparel would be. I live on the east coast of Canada, where a normal winter day is 0 degrees to -10 degrees Celsius and very damp. On the colder days here, I typically wear a wool hip length peacoat with my normal clothing underneath and am comfortable in that, I tend to run on the warmer side.
I am backpacking and staying in hostels, so I am trying to pack as lightly as possible. I am thinking a mid-thigh trench coat with some water resistance and can layer accordingly underneath. I would of course bring mittens and scarves.
Will this be warm enough in that climate?
I am also wondering if it is acceptable to wear tights with boots while I am there, as they are the lightest to pack and easily dried.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Winter Travel Attire - Spain + Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Hotel in Venice
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 7 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 8 What are the best places to see in England
- 9 London hotel
- 10 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 11 7 days in Greece
- 12 London tube
- 13 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 16 Europe in 21 days
- 17 London day trips, especially castles
- 18 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 19 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 20 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 21 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 22 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 23 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 24 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday