I am travelling to Spain (Barcelona, Madrid) and Portugal (Lisbon) in February. I am trying to determine what the best winter travel apparel would be. I live on the east coast of Canada, where a normal winter day is 0 degrees to -10 degrees Celsius and very damp. On the colder days here, I typically wear a wool hip length peacoat with my normal clothing underneath and am comfortable in that, I tend to run on the warmer side.
I am backpacking and staying in hostels, so I am trying to pack as lightly as possible. I am thinking a mid-thigh trench coat with some water resistance and can layer accordingly underneath. I would of course bring mittens and scarves.
Will this be warm enough in that climate?
I am also wondering if it is acceptable to wear tights with boots while I am there, as they are the lightest to pack and easily dried.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Winter Travel Attire - Spain + Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 2 Ireland or Scotland
- 3 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 4 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 5 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 6 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 7 Do I need train tix in advance
- 8 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 9 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 10 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 11 Schengen rule made easy
- 12 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?
- 13 Villa Borghese in Winter
- 14 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 15 Need help with itinerary
- 16 Aaah...Umbria!
- 17 Sorrento Advice Please
- 18 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 19 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 20 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 21 Milan - stay near Milan Centrale or Duomo?
- 22 florence airport to train station
- 23 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 24 Anyone ever flunk out of a Grand Circle tour?
- 25 Montepulciano to Monticchiello -- Driving at Night