Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 4 Italy in October
- 5 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 6 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 7 What Greek islands should I visit
- 8 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 9 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 10 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 11 cell phone companys
- 12 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 13 italy itinerary
- 14 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 15 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 16 Local markets in Italy
- 17 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 18 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 19 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 20 Where in Paris?
- 21 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 22 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 23 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 24 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 25 Guides - Matera
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!