Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 2 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 3 Resto recs for Valencia, Barc, Girona, Montpellier, St. Saturnin, Antibes
- 4 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 5 Istanbul's Prince's Islands
- 6 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 7 Florence during Holy Week
- 8 Leaving tomorrow and need last minite advice
- 9 Stonehenge and Bath
- 10 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 11 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 12 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 13 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 14 Lux Express in the Baltics
- 15 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 16 Barcelona or no ?
- 17 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 18 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 19 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 20 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 21 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 22 Drive from Beaune to Strasbourg
- 23 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 24 Swiss decisions
- 25 Food safety in Istanbul.