Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 2 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 3 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 4 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 5 Puglia Experiences
- 6 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 7 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 8 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 9 2 nights in Dublin - B&B ideas
- 10 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 11 Short (a couple of hours) scenic walks in the north of Wales?
- 12 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 13 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 14 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 15 car rent in Italy - cost, excess, deposit
- 16 Top Chef Abruzzo! - A Week in an Italian Cooking School (+ Rome)
- 17 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 18 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 19 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 20 Relaxing destinations?
- 21 Valencia, Spain - A Study Abroad Experience
- 22 Help with a git in Alsace
- 23 Me, myself and Dordogne – 2 weeks in the Beautiful French Countryside
- 24 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 25 5 full days in Rome too much?
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!