Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 2 Best day trips from Paris
- 3 Scottish Passport
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 6 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 7 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 8 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 11 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 12 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 13 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 14 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 15 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 16 Viator.com in Turkey
- 17 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 18 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 19 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 20 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 21 Florence Hotel Advice
- 22 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 23 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 24 Italy tours
- 25 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks