Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Maggiore?
- 2 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 3 what to do in florence
- 4 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 5 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 6 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 7 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 8 If Greece exits
- 9 Is it worth it to add Istanbul to a trip to Greece?
- 10 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 11 Night life for 20 somethings: Madrid vs. Barcelona
- 12 Good Bed & Breakfast in Edinburgh and Liverpool?
- 13 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 14 Night at MSM or Honfleur?
- 15 Southern Italy Public Transportation?
- 16 a Cantal, in Auvergne
- 17 Blonde in Amsterdam & Paris: Van Gogh, Gables & the Gare d'Orsay
- 18 Solo Traveler: Santorini or Mykonos (or alternative) for 3 nights?
- 19 Help me finish this 10 day Greece itinerary!
- 20 Rome Walking Guide
- 21 A plethora of islands
- 22 Car rental Spain to France
- 23 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 24 Tales of the Texas Two; or, Ladies in London
- 25 London for work Paris for play!
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!