Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 2 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 3 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 4 student in denmark
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 7 Day River trips from Porto
- 8 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 9 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 10 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 11 3 months to travel Europe!
- 12 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 13 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 14 Places to visits near Porto
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 16 Tour or independent
- 17 What to see in Dresden...
- 18 Vet my itinerary
- 19 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 20 Where is the best place/area to stay in Athens?
- 21 8 days in switzerland
- 22 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 23 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 24 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 25 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!