Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 2 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 3 Our first trip to Europe
- 4 Seville Holy Week - Behind the Scenes!
- 5 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 6 Needed: a nice beach break in Spain!
- 7 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 8 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 9 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 10 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 11 First Trip to Italy - Could use some help!
- 12 Train tickets within Italy
- 13 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 14 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 15 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 16 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 17 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 18 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Hotel in Istanbul
- 21 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 22 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 23 Mont St. Michele?
- 24 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 25 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please