Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence, Paris & London in April - 15 day trip
- 2 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 3 Greek island advice
- 4 London, England, alone or with a tour group?
- 5 Texting in France
- 6 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 7 Cars in France
- 8 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 9 Rome/Florence
- 10 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation
- 11 First European Vacation )
- 12 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 13 4 special meals, 2 GTGs, Benedict Cumberbatch and a Tattoo
- 14 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 15 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 16 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 17 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 18 Still another Normandy question
- 19 Weekend in Paris in October
- 20 In Barcelona...Montjuic
- 21 Around Geneva?
- 22 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 23 Paris
- 24 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 25 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!