I don't even know where to start... We have been dreaming about an 8 week trip to France & Italy for 10 years, it is almost here, and I'm stumbling with my planning after reading many, many reports of how crowded and hot Italy will be. Our trip will need to be during the summer since I'm not up for the task of homeschooling my 7 & 9 year old children.
I guess I was naive going into this. We spent 2 1/2 weeks in Provence & on the Cote D'Azur in July and I have no memories of it being hot or crowded. I don't know if it was a particularly lovely year, if I'm in denial, or if Italy is way more hot and crowded than France.
I have booked the first 6 weeks of the trip: the first 4 weeks in France, a week in Chianti and a week split between Florence and Venice. 3 of the France weeks are in the country or on the coast, as cities are obviously less appealing this time of year.
For our week 7 location, the area that most appeals to me is the Amalfi Coast, but I've read so many reports of how miserable it will be this time of year based on crowds and heat.
I'm having a hard time getting excited about the Lakes, but that would be my second choice. In any case, I also hear that the Lakes are miserably crowded. (I know there are at least 3 lakes in the region and they are large and I am generalizing, but since it isn't my first choice, I haven't done extensive research on this area.)
If you were forced to be in Italy in August, would you choose somewhere in the Lakes or the Amalfi Coast? Or if your answer is a strong "neither!", do you have another idea for me? I have skimmed an entire Italy guide book and nothing else (besides Lakes & Amalfi Coast) jumped out at me. I mean, I would love to see ALL of Italy, really, but specifically for week 7 of this trip, nothing else seemed as appealing as the 2 areas I'm asking about here.
In case this influences your advice, we would hope to rent a house or apartment, and so we would like to stay in one place for the whole week, both because most places require this, and to cut down on the packing and unpacking.
Oh, we'll be ending in Rome, since we fly out of FCO, so I'd love to be on the water somewhere for our next-to-last week. (Even a rocky beach; every time I mention the rocky beaches to my husband as a negative my son calls out "I love rocky beaches!")
Thank you so much! You have no idea how much information I have gotten from you all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 메가스포츠카지노【 HOT424。COM 】엘카지노
- 2 일본도박장【XAX111.ＣoM】온라인바카라
- 3 카지노베이【 HOT424。COM 】유명카지노
- 4 강남도박장【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브바카라
- 5 강남카지노【 HOT424。COM 】고품격카지노
- 6 사이버도박장【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브카지노
- 7 세븐카지노【 HOT424。COM 】카지노맛집안내
- 8 스타우리바카라＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 9 바카라설명【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아바카라
- 10 스타코리아카지노＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 11 오션무료게임 ≪접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 12 정선카지노리조트【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아카지노
- 13 비비카지노정선＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 14 강원랜드성매매【XAX111.ＣoM】바카라사이트
- 15 체인바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】카지노사이트
- 16 국내워커힐카지노＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 17 실전바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안바카라
- 18 My Topic Title우리에이플러스카지노＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 19 플레이어카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안카지노
- 20 블랙잭노하우＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 21 정선카지노랜드＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 22 베팅카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】온라인카지노
- 23 오션바카라노하우＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 24 카지노정보【XAX111.ＣoM】온라인바카라
- 25 영국카지노＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노