I've been traveling to Europe my whole life but have never been to the UK. I don't know why, exactly, but it's just never called out to me. I do, however, have an interest in seeing the small town outside of London where my great, great, great....grandfather lived before coming to America in 1642. So we now find ourselves with a trip planned to Europe in late August and a few days free where we can go wherever we want. For some reason, this time, we're thinking of London. I'd be interested in hearing from Fodorites what they like best about traveling to London? Why should we go? What shouldn't we miss seeing? In what locale should we stay? What's your favorite thing to do?
Why should we go to London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 London day trips, especially castles
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 5 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 6 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 7 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 8 Day trips from Marseille
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 11 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 12 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 13 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Zurich, Switzerland
- 16 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 19 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 20 Day trips
- 21 London tube
- 22 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 25 Swiss rail passes