I've been traveling to Europe my whole life but have never been to the UK. I don't know why, exactly, but it's just never called out to me. I do, however, have an interest in seeing the small town outside of London where my great, great, great....grandfather lived before coming to America in 1642. So we now find ourselves with a trip planned to Europe in late August and a few days free where we can go wherever we want. For some reason, this time, we're thinking of London. I'd be interested in hearing from Fodorites what they like best about traveling to London? Why should we go? What shouldn't we miss seeing? In what locale should we stay? What's your favorite thing to do?
Why should we go to London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 3 3 weeks (actually 20 nights!) in Spain
- 4 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 5 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 6 Italian Lakes
- 7 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 8 Day trips from Lisbon
- 9 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 10 No Pooh in Poland
- 11 Another Paris apartment and Navigo Dcouverte thread
- 12 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 15 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 16 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 17 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 18 Taormina Sicily
- 19 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 20 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 21 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 22 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 23 Naxos in May
- 24 European Travel websites
- 25 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June