I've been traveling to Europe my whole life but have never been to the UK. I don't know why, exactly, but it's just never called out to me. I do, however, have an interest in seeing the small town outside of London where my great, great, great....grandfather lived before coming to America in 1642. So we now find ourselves with a trip planned to Europe in late August and a few days free where we can go wherever we want. For some reason, this time, we're thinking of London. I'd be interested in hearing from Fodorites what they like best about traveling to London? Why should we go? What shouldn't we miss seeing? In what locale should we stay? What's your favorite thing to do?
Why should we go to London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 4 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 7 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 10 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 11 22 year olds in Europe
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Granada
- 14 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 15 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 16 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 19 Coffee in Naples
- 20 A Sardinia trip report
- 21 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 22 First time Ireland trip
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth