I've been traveling to Europe my whole life but have never been to the UK. I don't know why, exactly, but it's just never called out to me. I do, however, have an interest in seeing the small town outside of London where my great, great, great....grandfather lived before coming to America in 1642. So we now find ourselves with a trip planned to Europe in late August and a few days free where we can go wherever we want. For some reason, this time, we're thinking of London. I'd be interested in hearing from Fodorites what they like best about traveling to London? Why should we go? What shouldn't we miss seeing? In what locale should we stay? What's your favorite thing to do?
Why should we go to London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 2 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 3 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 4 airport hold baggage
- 5 7 Nights in Paris
- 6 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 7 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 8 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 9 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 10 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 11 Monet in Normandy
- 12 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 13 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 14 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 15 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 Gargano Promontory
- 18 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 19 Santorini
- 20 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 21 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 22 Airport to Piraeus
- 23 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 24 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 25 Day trips from Seville