renting a compact Ford Focus with a manual transmission for 15 days in Ireland will cost around $570. The insurance will cost an additional $550 for a total of around $1100. If I were to get a car with an automatic trans. it would cost an extra $500. I don't understand why this has to be so expensive. Is the insurance so high because they figure you're probably going to be damaging the car or have it stolen? I understand the streets are narrow and you might lose a mirror or 2 but come on!! I could buy a Ford Focus for that price here in the States. To get to where we want to go when we want to go will necessitate renting a car. I just want to understand why so expensive.
why are rental cars so expensive?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 2 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 3 SIM card for eastern europe
- 4 Foie gras, redux
- 5 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 6 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 7 Southern France
- 8 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 9 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 10 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 11 italy
- 12 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 13 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 14 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 17 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 18 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 What to wear
- 21 What still confounds you about travel?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!