renting a compact Ford Focus with a manual transmission for 15 days in Ireland will cost around $570. The insurance will cost an additional $550 for a total of around $1100. If I were to get a car with an automatic trans. it would cost an extra $500. I don't understand why this has to be so expensive. Is the insurance so high because they figure you're probably going to be damaging the car or have it stolen? I understand the streets are narrow and you might lose a mirror or 2 but come on!! I could buy a Ford Focus for that price here in the States. To get to where we want to go when we want to go will necessitate renting a car. I just want to understand why so expensive.
why are rental cars so expensive?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American Express
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 7 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 8 Three ferries to Mull
- 9 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 10 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 11 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 12 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 17 Story of the German Christmas star
- 18 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 19 Airport ATMs
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 23 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 24 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 25 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival