I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My First Trip to Europe...
- 2 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 3 France to stop making foie grois
- 4 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 5 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 6 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 7 Rome train to Positano
- 8 Madrid city centre?
- 9 Itinerary Help!
- 10 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 11 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 12 Greece itinerary ideas
- 13 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 14 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 15 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 16 Stonehenge and Bath
- 17 Greece Experts
- 18 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 19 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 20 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 21 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 22 Car rental in Paris
- 23 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area