I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 2 tour guides in rome
- 3 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 4 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 5 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 6 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Day trip on the Rhine
- 9 poland to switzerland
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 12 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 13 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 14 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 15 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 16 Reims for a day
- 17 Toulouse and beyond -
- 18 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 19 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 20 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 21 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 22 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 23 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 24 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 25 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)