I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 3 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 4 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 6 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 7 Germany family road trip help!
- 8 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 9 Santorini lodging
- 10 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 11 Barcelona
- 12 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 13 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 14 Prague
- 15 Ischia
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Spain and South of France
- 18 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 19 Overnight at Heathrow
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 France, UK and Ireland
- 22 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 23 Ronda Wine/biking
- 24 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 25 El Pastrami en Madrid
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area