I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 2 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 3 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 4 Ballet Bolshoi
- 5 Le Marche, Italy
- 6 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 7 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 8 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 9 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 10 Trains France/Switzerland
- 11 fear of driving in rome!
- 12 Italy trains question
- 13 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 14 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 15 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 16 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 17 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 18 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 19 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 20 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 21 European Championship
- 22 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 23 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 24 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 25 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area