I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 3 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 4 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 5 Christmas in Munich
- 6 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 7 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 8 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 9 Moving to Belfast
- 10 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 11 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 12 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 15 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 18 Luggage sizing
- 19 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 20 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 21 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 24 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 25 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid