I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 2 Puglia or La Langhe
- 3 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 4 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 5 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 6 Visiting Spain in January
- 7 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 8 Portugal itinerary help
- 9 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 10 Europe in late January
- 11 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 12 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 15 Paris---baguette question???
- 16 French immersion courses in France
- 17 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 18 Scenic Driving Routes
- 19 Berlin
- 20 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 21 1-Day Drive: Ballyvaughan to Dublin, which of these 3 routes?
- 22 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 23 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 24 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 25 Puglia & Matera in photos
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area