I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 2 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 3 British English
- 4 Spending money in Italy?
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 7 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 8 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 9 Trip to Pyrenees
- 10 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 11 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 12 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 13 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 14 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 15 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 16 Brugge photo on Bing
- 17 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 18 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 19 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 20 LowCountryIslander & Mom Go Back to Italy...A Bologna & Rome Trip Report
- 21 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 22 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 23 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 24 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 25 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice