I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whistle stop family road trip
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 4 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 5 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 8 Zadar or Sibenik
- 9 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 11 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 12 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 13 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 14 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 15 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 16 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 19 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 20 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 21 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 22 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 23 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
- 24 Beauty of Bruges and Brussels
- 25 B&Bs in Ireland
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area