I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 2 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 3 RFID Protection
- 4 Beaches in Southern France
- 5 Lyon: where to have an authentic bouchon experience?
- 6 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 7 3 days to spend in europe
- 8 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 9 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 10 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 11 Christmas Week in London
- 12 Edinburgh Airport Transfers
- 13 Rail pass question
- 14 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 15 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 16 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 17 italy itinerary
- 18 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 19 3 days with a Swindon base
- 20 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 21 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 22 Travel WiFi - France
- 23 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 24 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 25 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area