I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 2 Athens to Delphi to Meteora to Thessalonki
- 3 Portugal and Spain
- 4 Todi as a stopover?
- 5 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 6 Istanbul: hectic, opulent, diverse and extremely welcoming
- 7 Another Visit to London
- 8 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 9 Budapest Evening Cruise?
- 10 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 11 Forints or Euros?
- 12 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 13 A 3rd destination to add to trip
- 14 Munich- Prague-Berlin Itinerary Help
- 15 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 16 Help- Advice or experiences traveling with a handicapped person?
- 17 Driver from Rome Fiumincio Airport to Ostia
- 18 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 19 Western vs Central Finland for a road trip
- 20 Train frequency/schedule for Eastern Europe
- 21 Algarve from Faro Airport
- 22 Visiting Eastern Europe - planes, trains, and stamps?
- 23 Croatia, Bosnia and Slovenia itinerary help
- 24 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 25 Itinerary help for family with young kids
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area