I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 3 Dresden Train Station
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Family European winter holiday
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 11 Rome Accommodation
- 12 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 13 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 17 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 18 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 19 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 20 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 21 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 22 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 23 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 24 Greek islands from Turkey
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris