I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget family trip to Europe
- 2 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 3 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 4 history museums or locations
- 5 Driving in Italy
- 6 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 7 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 8 Iceland Trip - July 2013 - PArt 1
- 9 malaga to madrid train ?
- 10 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 11 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 12 caroline_venezia
- 13 Museums in Berlin
- 14 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 15 Lake Como transportation questions
- 16 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 17 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 18 5 Observations About Paris
- 19 Portugal in January
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 21 By train to and out of Prague
- 22 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 23 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 24 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 25 Greece and Italy in 20 days