I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 2 Cinqueterre
- 3 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 4 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 5 London Restaurants
- 6 Train tickets in Italy?
- 7 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 10 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 11 Corsica
- 12 17 days in England
- 13 VENICE
- 14 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 15 London best location
- 16 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 17 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 18 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 19 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 20 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 21 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 22 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 23 travel around Spain
- 24 Train up the Jungfrau
- 25 credit and debit cards
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area