I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 2 First time touring Europe
- 3 Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
- 4 big family in Ireland
- 5 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 6 An Elegant Caribbean Treasure Wedding Decor Theme
- 7 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 8 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 9 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 10 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 11 Istanbul Itinerary
- 12 London - Site List Triage -
- 13 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 14 Santorini transportation
- 15 How to get from Pula to Ljubljana in the evening at night?
- 16 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 17 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 18 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 19 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 20 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 21 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 22 London neighborhood suggestions
- 23 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 24 Restaurants in Spain
- 25 What to wear