I was wondering if you could tell me which town in the proximity of Munich could be good to stay at, and take it as base to visit Munich and do the side trips (for example the Neuschwanstein castle, could you also suggest us more side trips?).
I have read something about Fussen and Augsburg. Would any of them be good base town?
My husband and I would like to visit the Munich city but stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast or a castle outside the city (we are driving), so we get a better taste from the real German culture, less touristy.
How would we get to Munich on the days we visit the city? Park at metro or train stations?
thanks for your help.
Which one would be a Base town for 2-4 days in the Munich area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 2 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 3 Food in Paris-Dining out
- 4 10 days in England
- 5 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 6 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 7 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 8 Visit to Bath and London england
- 9 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 10 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 11 Itinerey help for 4 weeks trip to Germany for July of 2015
- 12 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 13 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 14 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 15 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 16 month's stay in Italy
- 17 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 18 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 19 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 20 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 21 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Help with trip to St Petersburg
- 24 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 25 10 days switzerland trip itenary..