Dear travelers experts,
I need some advice, my SO and I will be arriving in Madrid on November 4th and I'm debating if we should take the taxi from the airport to the hotel or take a combination of Bus Express/walk.
This is my scenario; our flight will arrive on Friday November 4th at 6:30AM in Madrid. Our Hotel is the Hotel Europa which is located in Puerta del Sol. looking at the transportation cost the taxi from the airport to the hotel is 40 Euros, if we take the autobus express will pay 2 Euros per person and we have to get off in Atocha train station. From there, we can take a taxi to the hotel which is another 10 Euros or walk from Atocha to plaza del sol. I read that there is a 15-20 minutes’ walk.
Does anybody have taking the bus express? Should we stick to the taxi and pay the 40 Euros? How safe is to walk from Atocha to Plaza del Sol? FYI, we’ll be carrying two suitcases and our backpacks, we do speak Spanish. Spanish is my first language and my SO is kind of fluent in Spanish, so we won't have the language barrier issue.
What do you think we should do? This is our first trip to Madrid and I don't want to put ourselves in risk if is not necessary. I have read a lot of warnings about pickpockets in Madrid.
Thanks in advance.
which one should we take taxi or train/walk combinationl?
Dear travelers experts,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 3 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 4 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 5 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 6 Cylades Island Hopping
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 9 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 10 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 11 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 12 Scuol, Switzerland
- 13 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 14 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 15 Iwango went…to Nice
- 16 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 17 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 18 5 Observations About Paris
- 19 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 20 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 21 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 22 Taormina Sicily
- 23 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 24 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 25 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland