Dear travelers experts,
I need some advice, my SO and I will be arriving in Madrid on November 4th and I'm debating if we should take the taxi from the airport to the hotel or take a combination of Bus Express/walk.
This is my scenario; our flight will arrive on Friday November 4th at 6:30AM in Madrid. Our Hotel is the Hotel Europa which is located in Puerta del Sol. looking at the transportation cost the taxi from the airport to the hotel is 40 Euros, if we take the autobus express will pay 2 Euros per person and we have to get off in Atocha train station. From there, we can take a taxi to the hotel which is another 10 Euros or walk from Atocha to plaza del sol. I read that there is a 15-20 minutes’ walk.
Does anybody have taking the bus express? Should we stick to the taxi and pay the 40 Euros? How safe is to walk from Atocha to Plaza del Sol? FYI, we’ll be carrying two suitcases and our backpacks, we do speak Spanish. Spanish is my first language and my SO is kind of fluent in Spanish, so we won't have the language barrier issue.
What do you think we should do? This is our first trip to Madrid and I don't want to put ourselves in risk if is not necessary. I have read a lot of warnings about pickpockets in Madrid.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 2 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 3 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 12 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 French immersion courses in France
- 15 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 16 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 17 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 18 Italy in a week
- 19 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 23 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
Dear travelers experts,