Dear travelers experts,
I need some advice, my SO and I will be arriving in Madrid on November 4th and I'm debating if we should take the taxi from the airport to the hotel or take a combination of Bus Express/walk.
This is my scenario; our flight will arrive on Friday November 4th at 6:30AM in Madrid. Our Hotel is the Hotel Europa which is located in Puerta del Sol. looking at the transportation cost the taxi from the airport to the hotel is 40 Euros, if we take the autobus express will pay 2 Euros per person and we have to get off in Atocha train station. From there, we can take a taxi to the hotel which is another 10 Euros or walk from Atocha to plaza del sol. I read that there is a 15-20 minutes’ walk.
Does anybody have taking the bus express? Should we stick to the taxi and pay the 40 Euros? How safe is to walk from Atocha to Plaza del Sol? FYI, we’ll be carrying two suitcases and our backpacks, we do speak Spanish. Spanish is my first language and my SO is kind of fluent in Spanish, so we won't have the language barrier issue.
What do you think we should do? This is our first trip to Madrid and I don't want to put ourselves in risk if is not necessary. I have read a lot of warnings about pickpockets in Madrid.
Thanks in advance.
which one should we take taxi or train/walk combinationl?
Dear travelers experts,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Europe
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 4 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 5 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 6 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 7 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 8 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 9 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 10 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 12 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 13 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 14 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 15 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 16 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 17 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 18 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 21 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 22 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 23 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 24 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 25 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport