Dear travelers experts,
I need some advice, my SO and I will be arriving in Madrid on November 4th and I'm debating if we should take the taxi from the airport to the hotel or take a combination of Bus Express/walk.
This is my scenario; our flight will arrive on Friday November 4th at 6:30AM in Madrid. Our Hotel is the Hotel Europa which is located in Puerta del Sol. looking at the transportation cost the taxi from the airport to the hotel is 40 Euros, if we take the autobus express will pay 2 Euros per person and we have to get off in Atocha train station. From there, we can take a taxi to the hotel which is another 10 Euros or walk from Atocha to plaza del sol. I read that there is a 15-20 minutes’ walk.
Does anybody have taking the bus express? Should we stick to the taxi and pay the 40 Euros? How safe is to walk from Atocha to Plaza del Sol? FYI, we’ll be carrying two suitcases and our backpacks, we do speak Spanish. Spanish is my first language and my SO is kind of fluent in Spanish, so we won't have the language barrier issue.
What do you think we should do? This is our first trip to Madrid and I don't want to put ourselves in risk if is not necessary. I have read a lot of warnings about pickpockets in Madrid.
Thanks in advance.
which one should we take taxi or train/walk combinationl?
Dear travelers experts,
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 5 Channel Islands
- 6 Al Andalus Expreso -- the train through Spain
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 TGV and Provence questions
- 11 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 12 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 13 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 14 Dresden Train Station
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Family European winter holiday
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 21 Rome Accommodation
- 22 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 23 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 24 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?