Dear travelers experts,
I need some advice, my SO and I will be arriving in Madrid on November 4th and I'm debating if we should take the taxi from the airport to the hotel or take a combination of Bus Express/walk.
This is my scenario; our flight will arrive on Friday November 4th at 6:30AM in Madrid. Our Hotel is the Hotel Europa which is located in Puerta del Sol. looking at the transportation cost the taxi from the airport to the hotel is 40 Euros, if we take the autobus express will pay 2 Euros per person and we have to get off in Atocha train station. From there, we can take a taxi to the hotel which is another 10 Euros or walk from Atocha to plaza del sol. I read that there is a 15-20 minutes’ walk.
Does anybody have taking the bus express? Should we stick to the taxi and pay the 40 Euros? How safe is to walk from Atocha to Plaza del Sol? FYI, we’ll be carrying two suitcases and our backpacks, we do speak Spanish. Spanish is my first language and my SO is kind of fluent in Spanish, so we won't have the language barrier issue.
What do you think we should do? This is our first trip to Madrid and I don't want to put ourselves in risk if is not necessary. I have read a lot of warnings about pickpockets in Madrid.
Thanks in advance.
which one should we take taxi or train/walk combinationl?
Dear travelers experts,
- 1 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 2 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 3 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 4 Driving in Genoa
- 5 Berlin Hotels
- 6 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 7 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 8 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 9 York Food and Drink Festival
- 10 Paris metro
- 11 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 12 2 weeks of travel starting in Paris
- 13 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 14 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 15 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 16 Cuenca or Toledo
- 17 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 18 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 19 Backpacking through Europe
- 20 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 21 RHK's heading to Europe
- 22 Tennyson Home
- 23 Bruges B&Bs
- 24 Four Days in Seville
- 25 Easyjet luggage/ baggage