Dear travelers experts,
I need some advice, my SO and I will be arriving in Madrid on November 4th and I'm debating if we should take the taxi from the airport to the hotel or take a combination of Bus Express/walk.
This is my scenario; our flight will arrive on Friday November 4th at 6:30AM in Madrid. Our Hotel is the Hotel Europa which is located in Puerta del Sol. looking at the transportation cost the taxi from the airport to the hotel is 40 Euros, if we take the autobus express will pay 2 Euros per person and we have to get off in Atocha train station. From there, we can take a taxi to the hotel which is another 10 Euros or walk from Atocha to plaza del sol. I read that there is a 15-20 minutes’ walk.
Does anybody have taking the bus express? Should we stick to the taxi and pay the 40 Euros? How safe is to walk from Atocha to Plaza del Sol? FYI, we’ll be carrying two suitcases and our backpacks, we do speak Spanish. Spanish is my first language and my SO is kind of fluent in Spanish, so we won't have the language barrier issue.
What do you think we should do? This is our first trip to Madrid and I don't want to put ourselves in risk if is not necessary. I have read a lot of warnings about pickpockets in Madrid.
Thanks in advance.
which one should we take taxi or train/walk combinationl?
Dear travelers experts,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 museum passes in Rome
- 4 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 5 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 8 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 9 Lavender Fields
- 10 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 11 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 12 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 13 Nice Video about Poland
- 14 Where to stay in Rome
- 15 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 16 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 17 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 18 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 19 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 20 Munich
- 21 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 22 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 23 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Paris Restaurants in the 7th