I'm hoping you can help me select the right combo of Michelin paper maps, or tell me about the Michelin France Atlas (and whether that's a better alternative to carrying around the 5-6 maps I think I need.)
We'll be driving from Paris, to the Loire, to Burgundy, and then to Chamonix on this trip. For 2 weeks! Yay! We'll have our iPhones (and maybe even navigation in the car, not sure yet)... but I still rely heavily on old school paper maps, and they're great for planning our route the night before.
From our Loire trip 2 years ago, we already have the 2 pertinent Loire Valley maps: the Michelin Regional 518 (orange) and Local 317 (yellow).
For the rest of this trip, it looks like I'll need an additional 3 (maybe 4 maps):
--For the drive from the Loire to Burgundy, we don't plan on stopping in between. So I just need a map to get us there. So I'll need the regional (orange) 519.
--For Burgundy (really, just the Cote D'Or), we'll be doing a lot of exploring by car. I'm not sure the regional 519 will give enough detail? In that case, we'd maybe want the local map 320, too? Or no? Kerouac, FMT... what has been useful to you in your drives through this area?
--For the drive from Burgundy to Chamonix, we probably won't stop in between but we will at some point venture over to Annecy one day. For this I'll probably get the regional map (orange) # 523.
--Finally, I am *really* on the fence about also getting the Regional 514 map which includes Paris and its nearby area. We'll be picking up the car in Paris (but not returning there). The part of me that doesn't want to schlepp a 5th or 6th map thinks, once we leave Paris, we get on the A10 and are capable of following signs well enough until we are on roads covered by the 518 map (which we own). The well-prepared mom part of my brain thinks, we should have it "just in case" we need it.
So in summary, that means I'm bringing with me 5 (maybe 6 maps). Seems like a lot to carry, and I just want to be sure there's not a better alternative that I'm not seeing. I know from experience you can't always quickly find the exact map you need when on the roads.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 한게임바둑이 ▣ 홈피:≫kxc551.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 2 코리아레이스 ☆홈피:【knt47.com】■
- 3 생중계바카라价＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼价슈퍼카지노생중계바카라
- 4 London best location
- 5 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 6 한게임바둑이 ▣ 홈피:≫kxc551.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 7 바둑tv ▶ 도메인 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 8 와와바카라少＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼少슈퍼카지노와와바카라
- 9 온라인바카라会＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼会슈퍼카지노온라인바카라
- 10 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 실시간바카라么＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼么슈퍼카지노실시간바카라
- 13 현금바둑이 ※연결 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 14 아시아바카라只＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼只슈퍼카지노아시아바카라
- 15 Traveling with a class 1 misdemeanor
- 16 아시안바카라乐＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼乐슈퍼카지노아시안바카라
- 17 Charming areas to explore in London
- 18 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 19 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 20 Best of Norway
- 21 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 22 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 23 travel around Spain
- 24 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy