We're going to Venice for 9 nights in early September. We've been to Europe several times, and my husband and I each usually take our Rick Steves carry on size backpacks. They have served us very well over the years. However, I've developed some problems with neck and upper back pain the past several months. Last year, during our trip to Greece, I really had a hard time carrying my backpack, even though we packed extremely light. It was most difficult in the long airports, and my husband had to carry a lot for me, which was hard, because he had his own.
My question: do most travelers use wheeled luggage in Venice? We have carry on sized wheeled bags as well, but mostly use them for stateside travel. Our hotel is near the San Stae vaparetto stop. I just don't know if the streets are cobbled, or if it's hard to use wheeled luggage there. I think it would be easier for me, especially in the airport.
Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 3 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 4 Bordeaux to Nice
- 5 Travel in Europe
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Whathello Paris
- 12 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 13 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 November in Rome
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa