We're going to Venice for 9 nights in early September. We've been to Europe several times, and my husband and I each usually take our Rick Steves carry on size backpacks. They have served us very well over the years. However, I've developed some problems with neck and upper back pain the past several months. Last year, during our trip to Greece, I really had a hard time carrying my backpack, even though we packed extremely light. It was most difficult in the long airports, and my husband had to carry a lot for me, which was hard, because he had his own.
My question: do most travelers use wheeled luggage in Venice? We have carry on sized wheeled bags as well, but mostly use them for stateside travel. Our hotel is near the San Stae vaparetto stop. I just don't know if the streets are cobbled, or if it's hard to use wheeled luggage there. I think it would be easier for me, especially in the airport.
Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 6 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 7 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 10 Granada to Madrid
- 11 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 12 Croatia
- 13 Croatia trip Planning
- 14 Norway -Trips
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 17 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 18 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 19 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 24 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 25 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two