We're going to Venice for 9 nights in early September. We've been to Europe several times, and my husband and I each usually take our Rick Steves carry on size backpacks. They have served us very well over the years. However, I've developed some problems with neck and upper back pain the past several months. Last year, during our trip to Greece, I really had a hard time carrying my backpack, even though we packed extremely light. It was most difficult in the long airports, and my husband had to carry a lot for me, which was hard, because he had his own.
My question: do most travelers use wheeled luggage in Venice? We have carry on sized wheeled bags as well, but mostly use them for stateside travel. Our hotel is near the San Stae vaparetto stop. I just don't know if the streets are cobbled, or if it's hard to use wheeled luggage there. I think it would be easier for me, especially in the airport.
Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Travel Pass
- 2 5 Days in Switzerland
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 6 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 7 6-7 Days in France
- 8 Korean Messages
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 11 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 14 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 15 Budapest in December 2017
- 16 Spain in July
- 17 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 25 Trip Ideas