We're going to Venice for 9 nights in early September. We've been to Europe several times, and my husband and I each usually take our Rick Steves carry on size backpacks. They have served us very well over the years. However, I've developed some problems with neck and upper back pain the past several months. Last year, during our trip to Greece, I really had a hard time carrying my backpack, even though we packed extremely light. It was most difficult in the long airports, and my husband had to carry a lot for me, which was hard, because he had his own.
My question: do most travelers use wheeled luggage in Venice? We have carry on sized wheeled bags as well, but mostly use them for stateside travel. Our hotel is near the San Stae vaparetto stop. I just don't know if the streets are cobbled, or if it's hard to use wheeled luggage there. I think it would be easier for me, especially in the airport.
Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for children
- 2 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 6 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 7 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 8 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 10 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 11 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 12 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 13 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 14 One July night in Verona - help!
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 20 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 Guided Vatican Tours
- 23 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 24 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 25 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please