My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
- 1 Traveling within Italy
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Florence in October
- 7 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 first european holiday itinery
- 11 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 London at Easter
- 21 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 22 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 23 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?