My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 2 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 3 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 4 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 5 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 10 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 13 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 14 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 15 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 16 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 17 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 18 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 19 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 20 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 22 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 23 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 24 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 25 16-17 days in Western Europe