My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
- 1 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 2 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 3 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 4 Best area for wine and which one?
- 5 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 6 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 7 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 8 Northern Italy
- 9 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 10 Pre-paid SIM card at Munich Airport
- 11 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 12 Bellevue House in Florence Contact ?
- 13 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 14 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 15 Drive Rome Florence
- 16 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 17 Which tour company would be best?
- 18 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 19 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 20 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 21 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 22 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 23 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 24 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 25 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base