My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 2 Italy for 5 nights!
- 3 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 4 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 5 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 6 scotland trave;
- 7 Paris Art Galleries
- 8 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 9 Paris Bastille Day
- 10 car rental agency
- 11 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 12 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 13 3 Full Days in Paris... What are the must sees?
- 14 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 15 Croatia help
- 16 River Cruise
- 17 Accommodation
- 18 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 19 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 20 Stockholmsmässan Exhibition and Convention Center to nearest airport
- 21 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 22 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 23 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 24 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 25 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights