My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
- 1 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 2 Dresden Train Station
- 3 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 4 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 River cruises
- 10 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 11 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 12 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 13 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 14 More help with housing in Puglia
- 15 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 16 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 17 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 24 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report