My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 2 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 3 Spanish food - not that special?
- 4 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 5 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 6 Chania
- 7 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 8 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 12 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 13 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 20 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Car rental in Santorini port
- 25 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon