My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 2 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 3 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 4 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 5 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 6 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 7 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 8 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 9 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 10 4 days in switzerland
- 11 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 12 European Cooking Secrets
- 13 Basque country ideas
- 14 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 15 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 16 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 17 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 18 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 19 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 20 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 21 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 24 First trip to Italy
- 25 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?