My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 2 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 3 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 4 Amalfi and Tuscany for 20th anniversary trip
- 5 Day Trip near Paris
- 6 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 7 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 8 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 9 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 10 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 11 St. Petersburg: 5 days / Itineray questions
- 12 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 13 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 14 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 15 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 16 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 17 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 18 Day trip suggestion from London
- 19 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 20 Lake Maggiore
- 21 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 22 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 23 Rome-Positano RT rental car/bus/train
- 24 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 25 Milan tours