My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 2 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 3 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 4 itinerary help
- 5 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 6 Reims for a day
- 7 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 8 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 9 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 10 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 11 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 12 Toulouse and beyond -
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 15 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 16 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 17 Scotland
- 18 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 19 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 20 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 21 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 22 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 23 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 24 Estonia Amber
- 25 7 days in Greece