My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 2 Hotel in Venice
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 6 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 7 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 8 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 9 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 10 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 11 Paris to Rome
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 14 London tube
- 15 bath or york
- 16 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 17 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 18 Lavender Fields
- 19 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 20 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 21 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 22 Local Tour in Provence?
- 23 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 24 Ste Remy France
- 25 car rental info