My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 2 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 3 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 4 Which european city?
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 7 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 8 VISA question
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 France,Spain,Italy
- 14 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 15 Schengen Visa Rules
- 16 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 17 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 20 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 21 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 22 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 23 Scotland November 2015
- 24 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 25 All Set To Go!!