My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 2 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 5 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 Unique Venice Activity
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Chip but no PIN
- 10 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 11 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 12 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 13 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 14 car rental advice in Portugal
- 15 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 18 Small group for Colosseum
- 19 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 20 Lofoten ferry
- 21 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 22 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 23 Duoro river cruises
- 24 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 25 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions