My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 2 Stay in Venice
- 3 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 4 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 5 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 6 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 7 Sea side in Italy
- 8 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 9 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 10 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 11 Questions for Paris residents
- 12 Airoport transfers from Dublin airport
- 13 Baltic cruise ports
- 14 Looking for a Lobo-mau GTG + recommendations in Lisbon
- 15 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 18 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 19 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 20 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 21 Central European train travel
- 22 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 23 Berlin: evening dining
- 24 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 25 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST