My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
- 1 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 4 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 5 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 6 Greek islands from Turkey
- 7 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 10 Rome Accommodation
- 11 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 12 rent car / Munich
- 13 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Italian Lakes gardens
- 16 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 17 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 18 TGV and Provence questions
- 19 Novels set in Greece
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 24 More help with housing in Puglia
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich