My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Questions
- 2 9 days in turkey
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 8 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 9 Street food in Turkey
- 10 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 11 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 12 Mont St Michel
- 13 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 14 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 15 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Dublin Hostels
- 19 Avignon to London?
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 25 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam