My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 2 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 3 Excess insurance
- 4 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 5 Airfare from Los Angeles to London Heathrow on Air New Zealand
- 6 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 7 Best Sequence for Venice>Vernazza>Florence/Sorrento ?
- 8 Ireland Itinerary: Too Much Driving?
- 9 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 10 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 11 Croatia in 7 days
- 12 RHK's Fall escape
- 13 Day trips from Marseilles
- 14 Need help in travel planning
- 15 London: Battle of the badges
- 16 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 17 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 18 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 19 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 20 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 23 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 24 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 25 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain