My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 2 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 3 3 nights in Paris
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 Planning Advice!
- 6 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 7 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 8 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 9 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 10 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 11 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 12 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 13 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 14 England and Wales by public transport
- 15 Our European adventures
- 16 Walking Scotland
- 17 Naples or Genoa
- 18 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 19 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 20 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 21 Travel WiFi - France
- 22 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 23 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 24 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 25 Wine tasting in Santorini