My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 short trip klon to koblenz
- 2 Barcelona Itinerary
- 3 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 4 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 5 Switzeraland Iternary
- 6 Barcelona sites: attire
- 7 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 8 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 9 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 10 barcelona
- 11 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 12 Girona to Torla-where to stay along the way
- 13 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 14 Train Travel in Germany
- 15 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 16 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 17 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 18 Texans Take a Tour
- 19 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 20 Lisbon
- 21 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 22 One night in Amsterdam?
- 23 A plethora of islands
- 24 Referendum in Greece
- 25 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands