My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 2 French restaurants
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 6 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 11 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 12 France & Italy, May or June
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 Tuscany 6 nights
- 15 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 16 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 17 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 18 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 19 San Sebastian
- 20 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 21 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 22 Lisbon trip report
- 23 restaurants in Marais district
- 24 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days