My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 2 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 3 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 4 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 5 What one thing in Paris?
- 6 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 9 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 10 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 11 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 12 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 13 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 14 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 15 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 16 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 17 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 18 6 days in Portugal in December
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 21 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 22 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 23 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 Northern Italy - where to go?