My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Where to watch Ryder Cup Sat/Sun afternoons?
- 2 OMG! Just realized I'll be in London the same time as Raider Nation
- 3 One Month
- 4 Air France strike
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 7 19 countries in a day
- 8 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 9 Ideas for the Canary Islands
- 10 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 11 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 12 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 13 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 14 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 15 Doges Palace; online tickets?
- 16 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 17 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 18 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 19 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 20 Photographer in Paris?
- 21 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 22 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 23 Finistère Base
- 24 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 25 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?