My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 7 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 8 Frankfurt to UK
- 9 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 10 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 God Save the Queen?
- 15 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 18 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Paris to Italy
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 24 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 25 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please