My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 2 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 3 Munich with a car?
- 4 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 5 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 7 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 8 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 9 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 10 Itinerary Help!
- 11 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 12 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 13 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 14 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 15 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 He said , she said
- 18 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 19 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 20 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 21 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 Toulouse and beyond -
- 24 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris