My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon
- 2 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 3 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 4 What do after Bernia Express?
- 5 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 6 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 7 France, UK and Ireland
- 8 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 9 French theater in Paris
- 10 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 11 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 12 Self drive tour companies
- 13 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 14 Germany family road trip help!
- 15 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 16 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 17 Barcelona
- 18 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 19 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 20 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 21 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 22 Italian lakes
- 23 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique