My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 2 Scotland
- 3 Thoughts on Greece Itinerary for September
- 4 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 5 Change in Travel
- 6 Public Transportation from Athens Airport to Piraeus
- 7 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 8 Pousadas
- 9 One-way car rental from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 11 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 12 Scenic drive from Ghent to Amsterdam
- 13 Budget for 10 weeks in Europe
- 14 Hotels at Lake Garda
- 15 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 16 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 17 Getting Around Greece
- 18 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 19 closest German city to Enschede/Twente
- 20 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 21 9 days in switzerland
- 22 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 23 Eastern Pyrenees for family with children
- 24 Is Capri overrated?
- 25 Thinking About Amsterdam