My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 2 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 3 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 4 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 5 Things to do in Brussels
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Short Trip in July
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 12 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 15 Naxos car rental
- 16 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 K-Day
- 19 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 20 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 21 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 22 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Campervan in Croatia
- 25 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?