My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 2 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 5 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 6 Capri in July
- 7 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 8 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 9 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 10 help with Italy itinerary
- 11 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 12 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 13 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 16 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 17 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 18 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 19 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 20 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 21 Barcelona with baby
- 22 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 23 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 24 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 25 Norway fjord