My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 2 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Day trips from Florence
- 7 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 8 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Perugia
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 Paris in September
- 16 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh