My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 7 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 8 Cell Phone Question
- 9 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 10 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 13 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 14 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 15 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 19 Help required with Itinerary
- 20 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 21 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 24 Campervan in Croatia
- 25 How early in the spring to visit London & England?