My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 2 Cornwall or Paris?
- 3 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 4 Schengen rule made easy
- 5 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 6 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 7 Need help with itinerary
- 8 Cyprus photo gallery
- 9 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 10 First Trip to Europe
- 11 One month (ish) in Spain
- 12 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 15 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Sorrento Advice Please
- 19 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 20 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 21 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 22 Mama Mia Italy!
- 23 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 24 Ireland or Scotland
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata