My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium advice
- 2 Ireland to Scotland
- 3 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 4 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 5 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 6 Rome for a week
- 7 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 8 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 9 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 10 Barcelona 4 days and Lisbon 3 days.
- 11 Overnight Train Questions
- 12 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 13 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 14 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 15 Poland in September
- 16 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 17 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 18 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 19 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 20 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 21 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 24 Amalfi or Positano
- 25 Rome to Positano