My wife and I will be going to Paris, Nice, and Tuscany (ie Florence and surrounding areas) in June. I have Nikon D5100 and 2 lenses for it. One is 18-55 mm and the second is 55-300mm. I have a travel bag for the camera and it will only fit one lens. I am trying to decide which lens is better to bring.
The short lens will be good for the landscape shots but the telephoto one will be good for when i want a good shot of say stained glass in Notre Dame. I am leaning towards the telephoto lens and hoping to be far enough away in some cases where i can still take good landscape pictures.
What do you all think?
Which lens for DSLR to bring for Europse trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 2 Ireland or Scotland
- 3 Question on France travel
- 4 Italy and Croatia
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 St Germain
- 7 Autumn in Paris
- 8 Where to go in France mid July?
- 9 trip to norway
- 10 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 11 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 12 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 13 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 14 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 15 Cruise the River Shannon
- 16 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 17 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 18 Food tours in Rome?
- 19 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 20 Rome Food Tour
- 21 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 22 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 23 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 24 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 25 Help with England/Wales tour