my husband & i are heading to italy june 21 - july 5. I know it's a bad time to go but it was the only time my husband could get away and we've been dreaming of italy for years.
so, i'm trying to figure out which route is going to be the least painful, both weather-wise and crowds-wise. these are the options, would love your opinions!
Start in Venice, end in Rome (Florence in between) -
would mean a bit nicer weather (hopefully) still in Venice, not quite hot and sticky as later...but then end in Rome in the July heat and crowds.
Start in Rome, end in Venice (Florence in between) -
would mean hopefully avoiding the worst of the Roman heat and the summer crowds, but then end up hot & sticky and moqsuito-y in Venice.
Maybe i'm over-thinking this? Advice please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Italy
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights