I'm travelling from the US and planning for a 9 day trip to Turkey and maybe Greece with my husband in May 2010 (21st to 31st).
1. Should we just do 1 of the 2 countries (turkey or greece) if so which one is a better pick. we are not much into history and monuments/ruins- we like beautiful places- nature (water, mountains, exotic locations). I love good food. We want to see palces/things but dont want to be on the move all the time- running from 1 place to the other. overall we want to feel good and relaxed when we come back.
2. if we do greece- which greek island should we go to? i've heard of santorini and crete are gorgeous?
3. if we do turkey- which places are a must do?
4. if we do greece (a couple of islands) and Turkey (istanbul and ephesus) both which places should we see and which flow is better? turkey-greece or greece-turkey?
your answers would be extremely helpful
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 2 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Hotels in Turin
- 10 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 11 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 12 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 15 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 Best Viking Sites
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 21 Greece
- 22 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 23 Paris advice with kids
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 tickets for Wimbledon