I'm travelling from the US and planning for a 9 day trip to Turkey and maybe Greece with my husband in May 2010 (21st to 31st).
1. Should we just do 1 of the 2 countries (turkey or greece) if so which one is a better pick. we are not much into history and monuments/ruins- we like beautiful places- nature (water, mountains, exotic locations). I love good food. We want to see palces/things but dont want to be on the move all the time- running from 1 place to the other. overall we want to feel good and relaxed when we come back.
2. if we do greece- which greek island should we go to? i've heard of santorini and crete are gorgeous?
3. if we do turkey- which places are a must do?
4. if we do greece (a couple of islands) and Turkey (istanbul and ephesus) both which places should we see and which flow is better? turkey-greece or greece-turkey?
your answers would be extremely helpful
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 2 Schengen Rule
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 8 Russia in two weeks in December
- 9 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 10 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 11 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 12 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 13 9 Days in Spain
- 14 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 15 Norway Honeymoon
- 16 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 17 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 18 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 19 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 20 Our future trip to Greece
- 21 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 22 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 23 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 24 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 25 Pay attention to your watches !