I'm travelling from the US and planning for a 9 day trip to Turkey and maybe Greece with my husband in May 2010 (21st to 31st).
1. Should we just do 1 of the 2 countries (turkey or greece) if so which one is a better pick. we are not much into history and monuments/ruins- we like beautiful places- nature (water, mountains, exotic locations). I love good food. We want to see palces/things but dont want to be on the move all the time- running from 1 place to the other. overall we want to feel good and relaxed when we come back.
2. if we do greece- which greek island should we go to? i've heard of santorini and crete are gorgeous?
3. if we do turkey- which places are a must do?
4. if we do greece (a couple of islands) and Turkey (istanbul and ephesus) both which places should we see and which flow is better? turkey-greece or greece-turkey?
your answers would be extremely helpful
which is a better pick Turkey or Greece
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 3 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 4 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Dresden Train Station
- 10 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 11 More help with housing in Puglia
- 12 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 13 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 14 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 15 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 18 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 19 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 River cruises
- 21 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 24 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 25 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites