I'm travelling from the US and planning for a 9 day trip to Turkey and maybe Greece with my husband in May 2010 (21st to 31st).
1. Should we just do 1 of the 2 countries (turkey or greece) if so which one is a better pick. we are not much into history and monuments/ruins- we like beautiful places- nature (water, mountains, exotic locations). I love good food. We want to see palces/things but dont want to be on the move all the time- running from 1 place to the other. overall we want to feel good and relaxed when we come back.
2. if we do greece- which greek island should we go to? i've heard of santorini and crete are gorgeous?
3. if we do turkey- which places are a must do?
4. if we do greece (a couple of islands) and Turkey (istanbul and ephesus) both which places should we see and which flow is better? turkey-greece or greece-turkey?
your answers would be extremely helpful
which is a better pick Turkey or Greece
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 2 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 3 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 4 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 5 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 6 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 7 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 10 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 11 biking in France
- 12 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 13 South of France - recommendations please!
- 14 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 15 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 16 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 17 Sienna at night
- 18 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 19 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 20 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 21 Siena Favorites?
- 22 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 Terrorism in Europe
- 25 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como