I'm travelling from the US and planning for a 9 day trip to Turkey and maybe Greece with my husband in May 2010 (21st to 31st).
1. Should we just do 1 of the 2 countries (turkey or greece) if so which one is a better pick. we are not much into history and monuments/ruins- we like beautiful places- nature (water, mountains, exotic locations). I love good food. We want to see palces/things but dont want to be on the move all the time- running from 1 place to the other. overall we want to feel good and relaxed when we come back.
2. if we do greece- which greek island should we go to? i've heard of santorini and crete are gorgeous?
3. if we do turkey- which places are a must do?
4. if we do greece (a couple of islands) and Turkey (istanbul and ephesus) both which places should we see and which flow is better? turkey-greece or greece-turkey?
your answers would be extremely helpful
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 2 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 3 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 4 Wales
- 5 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 6 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 9 Tracking the Weather
- 10 Globus Iberian Tour
- 11 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 12 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Budapest to Kosice
- 15 Poland to Austria In December
- 16 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 19 Italy travel plan help
- 20 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 21 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 22 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 23 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 24 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 25 Thinking about the Fjords