I have reservations with Hotel Suisse in Nice for 3 nights in early October. TA reviews are all good.
I just found availability with Hotel Le Versailles in Villefranche-sur-Mer for the same dates. TA reviews are just OK, many travelers reviewed this hotel as rather dated and tired.
I'm not entirely sure I trust TA reviews as they are 'all over the place'.
My question is which location is nicer? Both have nice views of the sea, and although I've heard wonderful things about VFSM, is Nice a more convenient location for touring neighboring towns along the coast?
Our group will have 2 rental cars (we may decide to return them early if we don't really need them anymore) so parking costs are a consideration.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
This is the last leg of my trip to London and France, very excited about ending my trip on the Riviera, just want to be certain I'm making the best location choice.
Also, any favorite restaurants along the coast I should include in my dining out list?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) CHARTER Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 CHARTER Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 3 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 6 London with Teens Trip Report
- 7 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 8 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 9 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 10 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 13 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 Madrird and Seville
- 16 Greece
- 17 Ludwig Castles
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 20 Lake Como AREA questions
- 21 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 22 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 23 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 24 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 25 Help on ancient history route