I have reservations with Hotel Suisse in Nice for 3 nights in early October. TA reviews are all good.
I just found availability with Hotel Le Versailles in Villefranche-sur-Mer for the same dates. TA reviews are just OK, many travelers reviewed this hotel as rather dated and tired.
I'm not entirely sure I trust TA reviews as they are 'all over the place'.
My question is which location is nicer? Both have nice views of the sea, and although I've heard wonderful things about VFSM, is Nice a more convenient location for touring neighboring towns along the coast?
Our group will have 2 rental cars (we may decide to return them early if we don't really need them anymore) so parking costs are a consideration.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
This is the last leg of my trip to London and France, very excited about ending my trip on the Riviera, just want to be certain I'm making the best location choice.
Also, any favorite restaurants along the coast I should include in my dining out list?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 3 10 day Italy
- 4 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Santorini lodging
- 7 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 8 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 9 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 What to do at 7:00am
- 12 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 13 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 14 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 15 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 16 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 17 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 18 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 19 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions