I have reservations with Hotel Suisse in Nice for 3 nights in early October. TA reviews are all good.
I just found availability with Hotel Le Versailles in Villefranche-sur-Mer for the same dates. TA reviews are just OK, many travelers reviewed this hotel as rather dated and tired.
I'm not entirely sure I trust TA reviews as they are 'all over the place'.
My question is which location is nicer? Both have nice views of the sea, and although I've heard wonderful things about VFSM, is Nice a more convenient location for touring neighboring towns along the coast?
Our group will have 2 rental cars (we may decide to return them early if we don't really need them anymore) so parking costs are a consideration.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
This is the last leg of my trip to London and France, very excited about ending my trip on the Riviera, just want to be certain I'm making the best location choice.
Also, any favorite restaurants along the coast I should include in my dining out list?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 9 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 12 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 13 How the kids age calculated
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 16 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 17 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 18 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 21 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 22 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Flat in London
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163