I have reservations with Hotel Suisse in Nice for 3 nights in early October. TA reviews are all good.
I just found availability with Hotel Le Versailles in Villefranche-sur-Mer for the same dates. TA reviews are just OK, many travelers reviewed this hotel as rather dated and tired.
I'm not entirely sure I trust TA reviews as they are 'all over the place'.
My question is which location is nicer? Both have nice views of the sea, and although I've heard wonderful things about VFSM, is Nice a more convenient location for touring neighboring towns along the coast?
Our group will have 2 rental cars (we may decide to return them early if we don't really need them anymore) so parking costs are a consideration.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
This is the last leg of my trip to London and France, very excited about ending my trip on the Riviera, just want to be certain I'm making the best location choice.
Also, any favorite restaurants along the coast I should include in my dining out list?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 2 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 3 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 4 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 5 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 6 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 7 Driving in Italy?
- 8 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 9 English Countryside
- 10 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 11 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 12 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 13 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 14 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 15 Granada to Madrid
- 16 Croatia
- 17 Croatia trip Planning
- 18 Norway -Trips
- 19 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 20 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 25 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included