I'm planning a trip to Europe in early October. We have nine days once in Europe and definitely want to go to Prague, probably for four days. We were originally considering pairing Prague with either Budapest or Krakow, or both. Now I'm thinking of changing gears and going to one or two German cities instead of Budapest and/or Krakow. The problem is that we have to make a decision fairly quickly and I don't know much about Germany. Our priority is to see a concentration camp, we like Jewish history in general, I love castles and we prefer quaint over big. We don't want to spend a lot of time traveling between cities, so flying may be preferable to train or bus, but we're open to anything. It also doesn't matter what order we travel in. I would greatly appreciate any input from someone familiar with the logistics of Germany. Everything looks beautiful and interesting to me!
Which German cities to visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Arc de Triumph Question
- 3 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 4 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 5 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 6 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 7 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 8 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 9 London 2nd time around
- 10 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 11 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 12 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 13 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 16 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 17 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 18 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 19 Rovinj, Croatia
- 20 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 21 Paris November 2014
- 22 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 23 Traveling in France by train
- 24 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 25 Unique Venice Activity