I have around 4 1/2 days to for a short gateway after my 3 weeks stay in London for a business trip and currently am contemplating whether which of these place should I opt for.
1) Seville and either one of Malage/Cordoba/Granada.
2) Edinburgh for 3 full days plus a whole day excursion to the Scottish Highlands.
3) Oslo and Bergen for 2 days each and if possible will try to squeeze in some time to visit the fjords.
My personal preference would be Seville as the weather is still pleasant and things are probably cheaper as compare to Edinburgh and Oslo. Edinburgh seems to be more viable as I can take a train to Manchester to meet up with a friend and then onwards to Edinburgh on the following day. I have always wanted to visit Norway especially after seeing the wonderful pictures of Bergen on the web and also to see the difference as I have been to Copenhagen and Stockholm before but the main challenges is that it is costly to visit Norway and I am not sure if it is worthwhile to visit Norway in such a limited time anyway.
I am mainly interested in charming and picturesque cities and in architecture as well as historical sites. I'm not really a museum person, so will only probably visit 1 one museums max. I enjoy walking in cities and I assume Seville, Edinburgh and Oslo is cities that is best and can be explore on foot as the most of the attractions is not scatter around the city.
The downside of Edinburgh and Oslo is it is much more colder than Seville and also the daylight is shorter as well as the high likely-hood of rainy days.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 2 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 3 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 4 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 5 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 13 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 14 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 19 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 20 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 21 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 22 Hotels in Turin
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 25 Best layover option
Which city to visit at the end of October. Seville, Edinburgh or Oslo?