I have around 4 1/2 days to for a short gateway after my 3 weeks stay in London for a business trip and currently am contemplating whether which of these place should I opt for.
1) Seville and either one of Malage/Cordoba/Granada.
2) Edinburgh for 3 full days plus a whole day excursion to the Scottish Highlands.
3) Oslo and Bergen for 2 days each and if possible will try to squeeze in some time to visit the fjords.
My personal preference would be Seville as the weather is still pleasant and things are probably cheaper as compare to Edinburgh and Oslo. Edinburgh seems to be more viable as I can take a train to Manchester to meet up with a friend and then onwards to Edinburgh on the following day. I have always wanted to visit Norway especially after seeing the wonderful pictures of Bergen on the web and also to see the difference as I have been to Copenhagen and Stockholm before but the main challenges is that it is costly to visit Norway and I am not sure if it is worthwhile to visit Norway in such a limited time anyway.
I am mainly interested in charming and picturesque cities and in architecture as well as historical sites. I'm not really a museum person, so will only probably visit 1 one museums max. I enjoy walking in cities and I assume Seville, Edinburgh and Oslo is cities that is best and can be explore on foot as the most of the attractions is not scatter around the city.
The downside of Edinburgh and Oslo is it is much more colder than Seville and also the daylight is shorter as well as the high likely-hood of rainy days.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 2 Iceland early december visit
- 3 Paris to Italy
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 8 Days in Spain
- 10 9 Days in Spain
- 11 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Milan or Turin
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Frankfurt to UK
- 25 Christmas Markets France/Germany
Which city to visit at the end of October. Seville, Edinburgh or Oslo?