We are planing a trip to Madrid and we'll stay around 4 days. I know it is a huge city thats why we would like to pick a hotel wisely. Most hotels are located around Gran Via since I guess it is more touristic than other neighborhoods. So even though it will be our first time in Madrid, we want to go to places where locals go , yet would like to stay in central as well. A friend advised Serrano in Salamanca district but is it so far from everything? or would you prefer Las Letras or Gran Via or Puerta del Sol areas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Will I need to go through immigration at Heathrow?
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Loire or Provence in January?
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Day trip from London in December
- 17 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 18 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 25 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley