my boyfriend & i will be in italy for 2 weeks (last week of aug + first week of sep). at the end of our trip, we will be taking a train from florence and then staying in rome for the last 2 nights. our plan is to do a colosseum tour and also see forum and palatine. the last day, we will do a vatican tour at 9am and then see what we have missed (maybe trevi fountain & spanish steps OR pantheon & piazza navona). my first thought was to stay near the termini station but i can't find a hotel that doesn't look sketchy there. i also read that the colosseum area is not that interesting other than the colosseum. where should i stay during these last 2 nights? my budget is limited ... i'd like to spend 80-100 euro per night... but i don't want to downgrade so much that we end the vacation poorly (i've done that before and it is so anti-climactic!). it seems that getting an apartment (sleepinitaly - we are doing this in the beginning of the trip) will fit within my budget but i just don't which area to choose. thanks!!!
which area of rome should we stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Towns between Dingle and Doolin, Ireland or North of Galway
- 2 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 3 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 4 Travelling to France
- 5 Where to stay in London
- 6 25 days in Europe
- 7 Copenhagen and Iceland
- 8 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 9 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 10 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 11 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 12 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 13 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 14 Uk visa processing time
- 15 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 16 Heathrow-Bath bus tickets
- 17 NZ Passport validity
- 18 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 19 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 20 Uk visa
- 21 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 22 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 23 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 24 22" or 24" for Europe trains?
- 25 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence