my boyfriend & i will be in italy for 2 weeks (last week of aug + first week of sep). at the end of our trip, we will be taking a train from florence and then staying in rome for the last 2 nights. our plan is to do a colosseum tour and also see forum and palatine. the last day, we will do a vatican tour at 9am and then see what we have missed (maybe trevi fountain & spanish steps OR pantheon & piazza navona). my first thought was to stay near the termini station but i can't find a hotel that doesn't look sketchy there. i also read that the colosseum area is not that interesting other than the colosseum. where should i stay during these last 2 nights? my budget is limited ... i'd like to spend 80-100 euro per night... but i don't want to downgrade so much that we end the vacation poorly (i've done that before and it is so anti-climactic!). it seems that getting an apartment (sleepinitaly - we are doing this in the beginning of the trip) will fit within my budget but i just don't which area to choose. thanks!!!
which area of rome should we stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 2 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 3 Bus ride to Positano
- 4 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 5 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 6 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 7 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 8 Split to Venice. Help!
- 9 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 10 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 11 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 12 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 13 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 14 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 15 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 16 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 17 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 18 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 19 best way to get to Italy from Greece
- 20 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 21 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 22 SIM cards in Italy,Germany, Austria, & Czech Republic
- 23 Top 5 choices from London
- 24 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 25 Day on the Rhine