my boyfriend & i will be in italy for 2 weeks (last week of aug + first week of sep). at the end of our trip, we will be taking a train from florence and then staying in rome for the last 2 nights. our plan is to do a colosseum tour and also see forum and palatine. the last day, we will do a vatican tour at 9am and then see what we have missed (maybe trevi fountain & spanish steps OR pantheon & piazza navona). my first thought was to stay near the termini station but i can't find a hotel that doesn't look sketchy there. i also read that the colosseum area is not that interesting other than the colosseum. where should i stay during these last 2 nights? my budget is limited ... i'd like to spend 80-100 euro per night... but i don't want to downgrade so much that we end the vacation poorly (i've done that before and it is so anti-climactic!). it seems that getting an apartment (sleepinitaly - we are doing this in the beginning of the trip) will fit within my budget but i just don't which area to choose. thanks!!!
which area of rome should we stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 2 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 3 Air France strike
- 4 Tour ends in Rome
- 5 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 6 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 7 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 8 Chateau of Horovice near Prague
- 9 Italy tours
- 10 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 11 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 12 Barcelona free tours??
- 13 London GTG late September?
- 14 Giverny in early October?
- 15 train in Spain
- 16 economy car rentals
- 17 Voltage in UK and France
- 18 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 19 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 20 Eleanor's Pages
- 21 Renfe site
- 22 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 23 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 24 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 25 london in 2.5 days