my boyfriend & i will be in italy for 2 weeks (last week of aug + first week of sep). at the end of our trip, we will be taking a train from florence and then staying in rome for the last 2 nights. our plan is to do a colosseum tour and also see forum and palatine. the last day, we will do a vatican tour at 9am and then see what we have missed (maybe trevi fountain & spanish steps OR pantheon & piazza navona). my first thought was to stay near the termini station but i can't find a hotel that doesn't look sketchy there. i also read that the colosseum area is not that interesting other than the colosseum. where should i stay during these last 2 nights? my budget is limited ... i'd like to spend 80-100 euro per night... but i don't want to downgrade so much that we end the vacation poorly (i've done that before and it is so anti-climactic!). it seems that getting an apartment (sleepinitaly - we are doing this in the beginning of the trip) will fit within my budget but i just don't which area to choose. thanks!!!
which area of rome should we stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with England/Wales tour
- 2 trip to norway
- 3 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 4 Where to go in France mid July?
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 9 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 10 Best beach town in Italy?
- 11 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 12 Cotswold Churches
- 13 A Greek sojourn
- 14 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 15 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 16 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 17 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 18 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 19 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 20 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 23 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 24 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!