my boyfriend & i will be in italy for 2 weeks (last week of aug + first week of sep). at the end of our trip, we will be taking a train from florence and then staying in rome for the last 2 nights. our plan is to do a colosseum tour and also see forum and palatine. the last day, we will do a vatican tour at 9am and then see what we have missed (maybe trevi fountain & spanish steps OR pantheon & piazza navona). my first thought was to stay near the termini station but i can't find a hotel that doesn't look sketchy there. i also read that the colosseum area is not that interesting other than the colosseum. where should i stay during these last 2 nights? my budget is limited ... i'd like to spend 80-100 euro per night... but i don't want to downgrade so much that we end the vacation poorly (i've done that before and it is so anti-climactic!). it seems that getting an apartment (sleepinitaly - we are doing this in the beginning of the trip) will fit within my budget but i just don't which area to choose. thanks!!!
which area of rome should we stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London for Free
- 2 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 3 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 4 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 5 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 6 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 7 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 8 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 9 Madrid: City Views
- 10 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 11 London restaurants
- 12 biking in France
- 13 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 14 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 15 Terrorism in Europe
- 16 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 17 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 18 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 19 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 20 Three weeks holiday in Turkey
- 21 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 22 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 23 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 Madrid Card or Paseo del Arte pass