my boyfriend & i will be in italy for 2 weeks (last week of aug + first week of sep). at the end of our trip, we will be taking a train from florence and then staying in rome for the last 2 nights. our plan is to do a colosseum tour and also see forum and palatine. the last day, we will do a vatican tour at 9am and then see what we have missed (maybe trevi fountain & spanish steps OR pantheon & piazza navona). my first thought was to stay near the termini station but i can't find a hotel that doesn't look sketchy there. i also read that the colosseum area is not that interesting other than the colosseum. where should i stay during these last 2 nights? my budget is limited ... i'd like to spend 80-100 euro per night... but i don't want to downgrade so much that we end the vacation poorly (i've done that before and it is so anti-climactic!). it seems that getting an apartment (sleepinitaly - we are doing this in the beginning of the trip) will fit within my budget but i just don't which area to choose. thanks!!!
which area of rome should we stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 4 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 5 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 6 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 7 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 8 London neighborhood suggestions
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 12 Eating in France-two new books
- 13 german rail ticket question
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 16 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 17 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Three days in Spain
- 20 1 week in Croatia
- 21 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 22 Trip to Iceland
- 23 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 24 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 25 Picasso Museum-Paris