my boyfriend & i will be in italy for 2 weeks (last week of aug + first week of sep). at the end of our trip, we will be taking a train from florence and then staying in rome for the last 2 nights. our plan is to do a colosseum tour and also see forum and palatine. the last day, we will do a vatican tour at 9am and then see what we have missed (maybe trevi fountain & spanish steps OR pantheon & piazza navona). my first thought was to stay near the termini station but i can't find a hotel that doesn't look sketchy there. i also read that the colosseum area is not that interesting other than the colosseum. where should i stay during these last 2 nights? my budget is limited ... i'd like to spend 80-100 euro per night... but i don't want to downgrade so much that we end the vacation poorly (i've done that before and it is so anti-climactic!). it seems that getting an apartment (sleepinitaly - we are doing this in the beginning of the trip) will fit within my budget but i just don't which area to choose. thanks!!!
which area of rome should we stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 2 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 3 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 4 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 9 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 10 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 11 10 days in England
- 12 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 13 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 14 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 15 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 16 Drawing courses in Paris
- 17 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 18 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 19 Montreux or Vevey- where to stay
- 20 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 21 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 22 Cannes >> Corsica
- 23 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 24 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 25 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa