Thanks in advance for your help! My Fiance and I are going to Italy for 14-15 nights the last week of August and first week of September. We haven't finalized our itinerary 100% but need to buy our plane tickets this week - open jaw tickets into Milan and out of Rome are the same price as Roundtrip to/from both Rome or Milan. Also, we wouldn't mind paying a little more if recommendations come in for different airports. Which to book ?
The places on our list and intentions are below. The stops I'm having a hard time deciding upon are Rome, Florence and Bologna. Yes, all totally different, hence the reason we want some more time to research and decide. It seems if we left Rome off the list flying into and out of Milan would be the best option.
Venice: 2 nights and non-negotiable (on my bucket list)
Tuscany: 3 nights (we are in the wine biz and this is a must do!)
Cinque Terra: 3 nights (yes, I know it is terribly touristy but I've decided this is my preference over the Lakes)
TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN:
Florence: 2 or 3 nights
Rome: 3 nights? Would it be crazy to leave this off the itin? I feel like I'm adding it because I "should", not because I'm dying to visit
Bologna: 2-3 nights for a cooking class and good eats
If it helps, we are 30 yrs old and enjoy good food/wine, the outdoors and also want to soak in the culture/get a sense of the history.
All comments very welcome and appreciated, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville in late January
- 2 RFID Protection
- 3 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 4 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 5 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 6 Berlin restaurant recs
- 7 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 8 Beaches in Southern France
- 9 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 10 Norfolk base
- 11 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 12 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 13 3 days to spend in europe
- 14 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 15 Drinks in Spain
- 16 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 17 12 days europe
- 18 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 19 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 20 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 21 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 22 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 23 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 24 Spain Itinerary Help
- 25 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
Which Airport should I fly into/out of?? Itinerary comments welcome too!