Thanks in advance for your help! My Fiance and I are going to Italy for 14-15 nights the last week of August and first week of September. We haven't finalized our itinerary 100% but need to buy our plane tickets this week - open jaw tickets into Milan and out of Rome are the same price as Roundtrip to/from both Rome or Milan. Also, we wouldn't mind paying a little more if recommendations come in for different airports. Which to book ?
The places on our list and intentions are below. The stops I'm having a hard time deciding upon are Rome, Florence and Bologna. Yes, all totally different, hence the reason we want some more time to research and decide. It seems if we left Rome off the list flying into and out of Milan would be the best option.
Venice: 2 nights and non-negotiable (on my bucket list)
Tuscany: 3 nights (we are in the wine biz and this is a must do!)
Cinque Terra: 3 nights (yes, I know it is terribly touristy but I've decided this is my preference over the Lakes)
TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN:
Florence: 2 or 3 nights
Rome: 3 nights? Would it be crazy to leave this off the itin? I feel like I'm adding it because I "should", not because I'm dying to visit
Bologna: 2-3 nights for a cooking class and good eats
If it helps, we are 30 yrs old and enjoy good food/wine, the outdoors and also want to soak in the culture/get a sense of the history.
All comments very welcome and appreciated, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 2 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Reflections on Revisiting Sicily
- 5 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 6 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 7 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 8 Pousadas in Portugal
- 9 San Sebastian or Bilbao?
- 10 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 11 student in denmark
- 12 Rome to Positano
- 13 Sachsenhausen?
- 14 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 15 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 16 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 17 Poland in September
- 18 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 19 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 20 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 21 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 22 Amalfi Coast + Croatia Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 24 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 25 Hotel advice
Which Airport should I fly into/out of?? Itinerary comments welcome too!