Thanks in advance for your help! My Fiance and I are going to Italy for 14-15 nights the last week of August and first week of September. We haven't finalized our itinerary 100% but need to buy our plane tickets this week - open jaw tickets into Milan and out of Rome are the same price as Roundtrip to/from both Rome or Milan. Also, we wouldn't mind paying a little more if recommendations come in for different airports. Which to book ?
The places on our list and intentions are below. The stops I'm having a hard time deciding upon are Rome, Florence and Bologna. Yes, all totally different, hence the reason we want some more time to research and decide. It seems if we left Rome off the list flying into and out of Milan would be the best option.
Venice: 2 nights and non-negotiable (on my bucket list)
Tuscany: 3 nights (we are in the wine biz and this is a must do!)
Cinque Terra: 3 nights (yes, I know it is terribly touristy but I've decided this is my preference over the Lakes)
TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN:
Florence: 2 or 3 nights
Rome: 3 nights? Would it be crazy to leave this off the itin? I feel like I'm adding it because I "should", not because I'm dying to visit
Bologna: 2-3 nights for a cooking class and good eats
If it helps, we are 30 yrs old and enjoy good food/wine, the outdoors and also want to soak in the culture/get a sense of the history.
All comments very welcome and appreciated, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 2 What to take to Germany
- 3 Suggestions for travel
- 4 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 5 Paris Under Seige...
- 6 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 7 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 8 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 11 Holiday in Austria
- 12 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 13 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 14 4 week trip Turkey
- 15 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 16 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 20 What one thing in Paris?
- 21 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 24 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
Which Airport should I fly into/out of?? Itinerary comments welcome too!