Thanks in advance for your help! My Fiance and I are going to Italy for 14-15 nights the last week of August and first week of September. We haven't finalized our itinerary 100% but need to buy our plane tickets this week - open jaw tickets into Milan and out of Rome are the same price as Roundtrip to/from both Rome or Milan. Also, we wouldn't mind paying a little more if recommendations come in for different airports. Which to book ?
The places on our list and intentions are below. The stops I'm having a hard time deciding upon are Rome, Florence and Bologna. Yes, all totally different, hence the reason we want some more time to research and decide. It seems if we left Rome off the list flying into and out of Milan would be the best option.
Venice: 2 nights and non-negotiable (on my bucket list)
Tuscany: 3 nights (we are in the wine biz and this is a must do!)
Cinque Terra: 3 nights (yes, I know it is terribly touristy but I've decided this is my preference over the Lakes)
TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN:
Florence: 2 or 3 nights
Rome: 3 nights? Would it be crazy to leave this off the itin? I feel like I'm adding it because I "should", not because I'm dying to visit
Bologna: 2-3 nights for a cooking class and good eats
If it helps, we are 30 yrs old and enjoy good food/wine, the outdoors and also want to soak in the culture/get a sense of the history.
All comments very welcome and appreciated, thank you.
Which Airport should I fly into/out of?? Itinerary comments welcome too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 2 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 A drive in Europe
- 6 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 7 Prague - Tram #22
- 8 nearby cities to london
- 9 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 10 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 11 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 12 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 13 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 16 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 17 Porto -City Break
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 20 7 days in Greece
- 21 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 24 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 25 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin