Thanks in advance for your help! My Fiance and I are going to Italy for 14-15 nights the last week of August and first week of September. We haven't finalized our itinerary 100% but need to buy our plane tickets this week - open jaw tickets into Milan and out of Rome are the same price as Roundtrip to/from both Rome or Milan. Also, we wouldn't mind paying a little more if recommendations come in for different airports. Which to book ?
The places on our list and intentions are below. The stops I'm having a hard time deciding upon are Rome, Florence and Bologna. Yes, all totally different, hence the reason we want some more time to research and decide. It seems if we left Rome off the list flying into and out of Milan would be the best option.
Venice: 2 nights and non-negotiable (on my bucket list)
Tuscany: 3 nights (we are in the wine biz and this is a must do!)
Cinque Terra: 3 nights (yes, I know it is terribly touristy but I've decided this is my preference over the Lakes)
TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN:
Florence: 2 or 3 nights
Rome: 3 nights? Would it be crazy to leave this off the itin? I feel like I'm adding it because I "should", not because I'm dying to visit
Bologna: 2-3 nights for a cooking class and good eats
If it helps, we are 30 yrs old and enjoy good food/wine, the outdoors and also want to soak in the culture/get a sense of the history.
All comments very welcome and appreciated, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany-Car or Train
- 2 Brussels flower tapestry
- 3 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 4 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 5 Lake Como,Italy
- 6 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 7 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 14 Places to visit from Zurich
- 15 SURPRISE TRIP
- 16 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 17 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 20 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
Which Airport should I fly into/out of?? Itinerary comments welcome too!