Just about a year from now, we're going to be spending two/three weeks in Italy and the UK. We're planning on going at the very beginning of October, next year.
We're super-planners and we love to learn, so we've already burned through about ten books about UK and Italy travel already, and have started learning Italian! However, this is a new adventure for us. I'm wondering where to start, especially with flights.
We'd like to fly into Florence, take the overnight train through Paris to London the next week, and fly out of London when it's time to go home. However, compared to the terrific hotel/air package prices we're finding in London, it almost seems like it would be far less expensive to fly in and out of London both ways, and take the train down to Tuscany and then back in the middle of the trip.
Wheres and Hows of Where to Start Planning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 2 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 3 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 6 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 7 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 10 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 11 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 12 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 13 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 14 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 15 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 16 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 17 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 18 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 19 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 20 London neighborhood suggestions
- 21 What to wear
- 22 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 23 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 24 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 25 3 weeks in Europe