Just about a year from now, we're going to be spending two/three weeks in Italy and the UK. We're planning on going at the very beginning of October, next year.
We're super-planners and we love to learn, so we've already burned through about ten books about UK and Italy travel already, and have started learning Italian! However, this is a new adventure for us. I'm wondering where to start, especially with flights.
We'd like to fly into Florence, take the overnight train through Paris to London the next week, and fly out of London when it's time to go home. However, compared to the terrific hotel/air package prices we're finding in London, it almost seems like it would be far less expensive to fly in and out of London both ways, and take the train down to Tuscany and then back in the middle of the trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 2 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 3 base for Andalucia
- 4 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 9 4 nights in Sardinia
- 10 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 11 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 12 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 13 "Too Much Cows"
- 14 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 15 Matera tour guide wanted
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 18 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 21 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 22 Service dog
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 25 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life