Just about a year from now, we're going to be spending two/three weeks in Italy and the UK. We're planning on going at the very beginning of October, next year.
We're super-planners and we love to learn, so we've already burned through about ten books about UK and Italy travel already, and have started learning Italian! However, this is a new adventure for us. I'm wondering where to start, especially with flights.
We'd like to fly into Florence, take the overnight train through Paris to London the next week, and fly out of London when it's time to go home. However, compared to the terrific hotel/air package prices we're finding in London, it almost seems like it would be far less expensive to fly in and out of London both ways, and take the train down to Tuscany and then back in the middle of the trip.
Wheres and Hows of Where to Start Planning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 2 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 3 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 4 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 5 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 Southern Spain
- 12 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 13 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 14 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 15 Scotland November 2015
- 16 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 17 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 20 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 21 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 22 Italy Countryside
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?