Just about a year from now, we're going to be spending two/three weeks in Italy and the UK. We're planning on going at the very beginning of October, next year.
We're super-planners and we love to learn, so we've already burned through about ten books about UK and Italy travel already, and have started learning Italian! However, this is a new adventure for us. I'm wondering where to start, especially with flights.
We'd like to fly into Florence, take the overnight train through Paris to London the next week, and fly out of London when it's time to go home. However, compared to the terrific hotel/air package prices we're finding in London, it almost seems like it would be far less expensive to fly in and out of London both ways, and take the train down to Tuscany and then back in the middle of the trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our time in Rome
- 2 Europe itinerary
- 3 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 5 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 6 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 7 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 8 Renting International Cars from USA
- 9 Europe itinerary review
- 10 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 11 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 12 train from ravenna to parma
- 13 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 14 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 15 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 16 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 17 Enjoying England for a year!
- 18 European Travel in March
- 19 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 20 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 21 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 22 My First Trip to Europe...
- 23 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 24 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 25 Tuscan Winery Suggestions