Just about a year from now, we're going to be spending two/three weeks in Italy and the UK. We're planning on going at the very beginning of October, next year.
We're super-planners and we love to learn, so we've already burned through about ten books about UK and Italy travel already, and have started learning Italian! However, this is a new adventure for us. I'm wondering where to start, especially with flights.
We'd like to fly into Florence, take the overnight train through Paris to London the next week, and fly out of London when it's time to go home. However, compared to the terrific hotel/air package prices we're finding in London, it almost seems like it would be far less expensive to fly in and out of London both ways, and take the train down to Tuscany and then back in the middle of the trip.
Wheres and Hows of Where to Start Planning
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 4 15 days in Europe,
- 5 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Gogartys, Dublin
- 8 Can romans help me?
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 11 Europe with young teens
- 12 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 13 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 14 Planning a holiday
- 15 Sicily 10 days
- 16 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 17 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 18 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 25 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?