You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 2 6-7 Days in France
- 3 Korean Messages
- 4 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 7 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 8 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 9 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 10 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 11 Budapest in December 2017
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 5 Days in Switzerland
- 14 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 22 Trip Ideas
- 23 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.