You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 2 What to take to Germany
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 7 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 8 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 9 Private transportation
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 11 Scotland Trip
- 12 Suggestions for travel
- 13 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 14 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 15 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 16 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 19 4 week trip Turkey
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 22 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 23 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 24 What one thing in Paris?
- 25 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?