You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Where would you go for a week in July in France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel insurance
- 2 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 3 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 4 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 5 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 6 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 7 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 8 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 9 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 10 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 11 Camino No-No
- 12 Rioja
- 13 Madrid
- 14 Ireland train system: first class??
- 15 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 16 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 17 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 18 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 19 apartment
- 20 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 21 Best way to tour Sicily?
- 22 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 23 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 24 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 25 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?