You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3/4/ days South of France
- 2 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 3 Florence and Rome
- 4 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 5 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 8 Switzerland Hotels
- 9 Bosch Parade
- 10 Trains from Granada
- 11 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 12 Alhambra
- 13 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 14 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 17 Amalfi October 16-25
- 18 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 19 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 20 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 21 21 nights in England, please help
- 22 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 23 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016