You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED : HP SUPPORT CONTACT ☎ 1:844-669-7811 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 8 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 11 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 London with Teens Trip Report
- 14 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 15 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Lake Como AREA questions
- 17 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 18 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 19 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 20 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 21 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 22 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 25 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen