You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Where would you go for a week in July in France?
- 1 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 2 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 3 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 4 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 10 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 11 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 12 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 13 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 14 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 15 Apartments in Rome
- 16 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 17 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 18 A full week in The Netherlands
- 19 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 23 first european holiday itinery
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Car in Prague