You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Its Electrifying!" Help with Adapters in Europe (Everywhere)
- 2 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 3 Switzerland itinerary help
- 4 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 Norway Itinerary
- 7 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 8 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 9 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 10 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 11 Dolomites October 14-18
- 12 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 13 Charles Degaulle question
- 14 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 15 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 16 Pompeii luggage storage
- 17 Departure Tax in UK
- 18 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 19 FCO connection time
- 20 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 21 Train Help
- 22 First time in Italy
- 23 Train rides
- 24 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 25 Cancelling apartment in PARIS