You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 2 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 3 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 4 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 5 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 6 First trip to Italy
- 7 Ireland & Scotland
- 8 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 9 London's Must Sights!
- 10 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 11 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 12 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 13 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 14 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 15 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 18 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 19 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 20 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 21 4 days in switzerland
- 22 Vienna or Budapest?
- 23 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 24 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 25 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking