You all have been so helpful in the past - thank you! This year we are headed to Europe for July. Thinking of 2 weeks in a village England and 10 days in France (last three in Paris before the return plane). For the week in between England and Paris, I am up in the air on where to go.
If you could guide us on some of your favorite places for a week trip in France, I would be much obliged. Children are 13 & 10, our preference would be to dig more into one area and stay in one place for the week. Will do the sight-seeing in Paris, so it's okay if it is lower key. We don't mind small towns as long as there is a bakery, grocery and 2-4 decent restaurants. Can rent a car. Re: previous France travel, the boys have been to Coillure, but it was a day trip from Spain. DH and I have been to Paris multiple times, but not for 15 years, so we are fuzzy on all of it. Favorite places as a family so far have been Girona, tiny white-washed villages in Southern Spain (in the winter, though), Ronda, Fornalutx on Mallorca, Positano, Florence, London. So in that, I guess we like some kind of a view in the town - either mountains or water, or just pretty architecturally or naturally. Or fun. (that would be London - it was just fun).
Dear husband would probably love it if I could find a place with some type of road bike rental shop and the ability to ride for 2+ hours a day (him, not us). We would prefer not to be in a place with 100 degree days, as that's what we have at home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 8 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 9 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 10 Towersey, London
- 11 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 12 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Amalfi Coast help
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 17 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 18 Ireland in April
- 19 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 22 A few days outside Rome
- 23 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 24 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 25 CDG airport and connection time