I would like to get people's opinions about which Scandinavian country to study in as an American student (male). I am planning to study abroad for a semester and want to make the most of it. I want to have fun while also learning about a new culture (academics are secondary). I apologize if I sound shallow or ignorant but here are my main concerns:
1. Decent party scene.
2. Country that is relatively safe and open to Americans. Pretty sure this won't be an issue as Western Europe is pretty developed and most people are open-minded to foreigners in today's society but want to ask anyway. I want to really immerse myself with the culture and people.
3. Cost of living.
4. Food. I would love to taste new dishes and cuisines.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thinking about the Fjords
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 4 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 5 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 6 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 7 UK in May and June
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 9 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 10 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 11 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 12 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Globus Iberian Tour
- 15 Spain: train/rental car help
- 16 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 17 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 18 Budapest Card
- 19 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 20 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 21 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 24 Bath/Cotswolds
- 25 Shorts in South of France?