I would like to get people's opinions about which Scandinavian country to study in as an American student (male). I am planning to study abroad for a semester and want to make the most of it. I want to have fun while also learning about a new culture (academics are secondary). I apologize if I sound shallow or ignorant but here are my main concerns:
1. Decent party scene.
2. Country that is relatively safe and open to Americans. Pretty sure this won't be an issue as Western Europe is pretty developed and most people are open-minded to foreigners in today's society but want to ask anyway. I want to really immerse myself with the culture and people.
3. Cost of living.
4. Food. I would love to taste new dishes and cuisines.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 2 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 3 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 6 Croatia transportation question.
- 7 Cutback on Spain trip
- 8 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 where to stay in London?
- 11 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 12 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 13 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 14 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 15 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 16 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 19 driving from ancona to rome
- 20 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 21 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 22 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 25 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help