just spent the most amazing three nights in Lauterbrunnen, I've read so much but wow, the valley is just beautiful and when you get up into the mountains, breathtaking (almost literally).
Now I'm heading to Mittenwald, but was wondering if anyone has any brilliant suggestions for the one night in between the two.
Was thinking about that outdoor museum I've heard about but haven't worked out exactly where that is yet. Will check more out about that this evening.
We are trying to avoid the toll roads and take scenic routes. So far that's worked out great. Particularly driving on the wrong side of the road in an unfamilar car!
Thanks for any advice,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Douro Valley in January?
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Road trip with our dog
- 4 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 7 Munich and....???
- 8 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 11 italy Cinque Terre
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 15 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 Spanish Medical Providers
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Can parking
- 24 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
where to stop for one night between Lauterbrunnen and Mittenwald?