just spent the most amazing three nights in Lauterbrunnen, I've read so much but wow, the valley is just beautiful and when you get up into the mountains, breathtaking (almost literally).
Now I'm heading to Mittenwald, but was wondering if anyone has any brilliant suggestions for the one night in between the two.
Was thinking about that outdoor museum I've heard about but haven't worked out exactly where that is yet. Will check more out about that this evening.
We are trying to avoid the toll roads and take scenic routes. So far that's worked out great. Particularly driving on the wrong side of the road in an unfamilar car!
Thanks for any advice,
where to stop for one night between Lauterbrunnen and Mittenwald?
- 1 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 2 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 3 Spain Travel
- 4 Itinerary Questions
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 9 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 12 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 13 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 14 A full week in The Netherlands
- 15 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 16 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 21 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 22 Lake como
- 23 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 24 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report