just spent the most amazing three nights in Lauterbrunnen, I've read so much but wow, the valley is just beautiful and when you get up into the mountains, breathtaking (almost literally).
Now I'm heading to Mittenwald, but was wondering if anyone has any brilliant suggestions for the one night in between the two.
Was thinking about that outdoor museum I've heard about but haven't worked out exactly where that is yet. Will check more out about that this evening.
We are trying to avoid the toll roads and take scenic routes. So far that's worked out great. Particularly driving on the wrong side of the road in an unfamilar car!
Thanks for any advice,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 2 From Genoa to Rome...
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Munich Under Attack...
- 5 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 6 Spain in November
- 7 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 8 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 9 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 10 Dentix in Spain
- 11 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 12 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 13 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 14 First trip - destination advice!
- 15 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 16 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 17 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 18 Stonehenge and Bath
- 19 Path of the Gods Question
- 20 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 21 Should I speculate?
- 22 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Prague on a budget...
- 25 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
where to stop for one night between Lauterbrunnen and Mittenwald?