It has been a long time since I have posted and I have always really appreciated the help I have received on Fodor's Forum such as from Morgana who gave us some excellent tips on Yorkshire.
Here is my question, after spending two days on the Isle of Skye,we will be driving from Skye to Keswick England and do not want to do the drive in one day so we would like ideas for a place to spend the night and places to see along that route. I do not mind driving 4-5 hours a day these two days as we will be spending 1 week at our final destination for rest and relaxation. I have looked at guides, and I see many places I would like to stop (such as Hadrian's Wall), but I can't decide what is reasonable and do not want to miss something wonderful while we are driving down the motorway. We will be visiting in early October and we have a National Trust pass that allows us into properties of both Scotland and England as we love to view estates, especially ones that include houses and gardens. We also love beautiful scenery and off the beaten path drives and historic sites. We prefer not to stop in a large city such as Glasgow but mid size towns are okay. We are also willing to take a route off the motorway if realistic. What is a reasonable route with must see stops in between that can be accomplished in two days and will allow for us to arrive at our destination near Keswick by about 2 PM? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 4 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 7 Andalucia Spain
- 8 Going to Paris for one day
- 9 Valencia Spain
- 10 Rome Water Shortage
- 11 Europe for Beginners
- 12 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 13 Getting around London
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 WWI sites
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Lake Como,Italy
- 22 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 23 Paris to Bordeaux
- 24 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 25 13 nights in switzerland