It has been a long time since I have posted and I have always really appreciated the help I have received on Fodor's Forum such as from Morgana who gave us some excellent tips on Yorkshire.
Here is my question, after spending two days on the Isle of Skye,we will be driving from Skye to Keswick England and do not want to do the drive in one day so we would like ideas for a place to spend the night and places to see along that route. I do not mind driving 4-5 hours a day these two days as we will be spending 1 week at our final destination for rest and relaxation. I have looked at guides, and I see many places I would like to stop (such as Hadrian's Wall), but I can't decide what is reasonable and do not want to miss something wonderful while we are driving down the motorway. We will be visiting in early October and we have a National Trust pass that allows us into properties of both Scotland and England as we love to view estates, especially ones that include houses and gardens. We also love beautiful scenery and off the beaten path drives and historic sites. We prefer not to stop in a large city such as Glasgow but mid size towns are okay. We are also willing to take a route off the motorway if realistic. What is a reasonable route with must see stops in between that can be accomplished in two days and will allow for us to arrive at our destination near Keswick by about 2 PM? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노필리핀／♛』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『♛＼슈퍼카지노
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 세븐바카라 ┗♀┫ NDS43。ZZ。AM ┣♀┓슈퍼카지노세븐바카라
- 4 Revised itinerary for italy
- 5 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 16 Juangfrau / mt
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights