I've got a wonderful 10 nights planned in Paris in October, and I live south of Munich. I've just been thinking it might be nice to stop somewhere for four nights between the two. Right now I'm thinking of Riquewehr or Lindau.
I'm wondering if anyone can comment on what each/either place looks like at the end of October. I'm not asking about the weather -- as I know how to adjust for that -- but what the scenery looks like. For instance, I adore Montreux on Lake Geneva in the fall because there are still plenty of flowers, and the trees are red and gold as they turn. However, Montreux sits in a micro-climate that's warmer than nearby places.
So, can anyone give me some ideas what Lindau or Riquewehr might look like for flowers and vegetation? I like to spend most of my time outside, walking or hiking or biking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Associations with Russian cities
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 4 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 5 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 6 Thinking about the Fjords
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Where to eat in Rome?
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 12 Poland to Austria In December
- 13 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 14 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 15 Best Neck Pillow
- 16 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 19 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 20 Tracking the Weather
- 21 Italy travel plan help
- 22 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 23 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 24 Alsace to Austria?
- 25 road trip through scotland