I've got a wonderful 10 nights planned in Paris in October, and I live south of Munich. I've just been thinking it might be nice to stop somewhere for four nights between the two. Right now I'm thinking of Riquewehr or Lindau.
I'm wondering if anyone can comment on what each/either place looks like at the end of October. I'm not asking about the weather -- as I know how to adjust for that -- but what the scenery looks like. For instance, I adore Montreux on Lake Geneva in the fall because there are still plenty of flowers, and the trees are red and gold as they turn. However, Montreux sits in a micro-climate that's warmer than nearby places.
So, can anyone give me some ideas what Lindau or Riquewehr might look like for flowers and vegetation? I like to spend most of my time outside, walking or hiking or biking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 6 Acropolis Athens
- 7 Interesting places to visit
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 15 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 20 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 21 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 22 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 23 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)