I've got a wonderful 10 nights planned in Paris in October, and I live south of Munich. I've just been thinking it might be nice to stop somewhere for four nights between the two. Right now I'm thinking of Riquewehr or Lindau.
I'm wondering if anyone can comment on what each/either place looks like at the end of October. I'm not asking about the weather -- as I know how to adjust for that -- but what the scenery looks like. For instance, I adore Montreux on Lake Geneva in the fall because there are still plenty of flowers, and the trees are red and gold as they turn. However, Montreux sits in a micro-climate that's warmer than nearby places.
So, can anyone give me some ideas what Lindau or Riquewehr might look like for flowers and vegetation? I like to spend most of my time outside, walking or hiking or biking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 2 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 3 Short Trip to Paris
- 4 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 5 Help with basic itinerary
- 6 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 7 Visit to Engand
- 8 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 9 Cinqueterre
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 11 Final Four
- 12 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 13 Parking in Girona
- 14 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 15 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 16 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 17 SNCF - low price for summer
- 18 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 19 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 20 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 21 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 22 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 23 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 24 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 25 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017