I've got a wonderful 10 nights planned in Paris in October, and I live south of Munich. I've just been thinking it might be nice to stop somewhere for four nights between the two. Right now I'm thinking of Riquewehr or Lindau.
I'm wondering if anyone can comment on what each/either place looks like at the end of October. I'm not asking about the weather -- as I know how to adjust for that -- but what the scenery looks like. For instance, I adore Montreux on Lake Geneva in the fall because there are still plenty of flowers, and the trees are red and gold as they turn. However, Montreux sits in a micro-climate that's warmer than nearby places.
So, can anyone give me some ideas what Lindau or Riquewehr might look like for flowers and vegetation? I like to spend most of my time outside, walking or hiking or biking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7??
- 2 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 15 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 24 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 25 Iceland