I've got a wonderful 10 nights planned in Paris in October, and I live south of Munich. I've just been thinking it might be nice to stop somewhere for four nights between the two. Right now I'm thinking of Riquewehr or Lindau.
I'm wondering if anyone can comment on what each/either place looks like at the end of October. I'm not asking about the weather -- as I know how to adjust for that -- but what the scenery looks like. For instance, I adore Montreux on Lake Geneva in the fall because there are still plenty of flowers, and the trees are red and gold as they turn. However, Montreux sits in a micro-climate that's warmer than nearby places.
So, can anyone give me some ideas what Lindau or Riquewehr might look like for flowers and vegetation? I like to spend most of my time outside, walking or hiking or biking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 2 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 3 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 4 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 5 Need Information about French Alps
- 6 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 9 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 13 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 16 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 17 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 18 Trip to Rome
- 19 Best Indian Food
- 20 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 21 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 22 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings