In June, we will be driving from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to the Alsace region. We will be staying in Obernai. Based on viamichelin, the drive will be about 5 hours. We would like to stop some place worth checking out -- we enjoy walking around small, picturesque,or historical villages/towns. This is our first time in the region, and we just can't tell by looking at the map what towns are scenic and/or interesting. While we might find answers to this question from guidebooks and online, we would love to hear other travelers' ideas and experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 2 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 3 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 4 Andalucia Spain
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Language to use in Belgium
- 7 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 8 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 9 Getting around London
- 10 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 11 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 12 Train travel to and from Paris
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 15 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 Traveling in Belgium
- 18 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 19 Whistle stop family road trip
- 20 Ischia-Thermal Pools
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 23 Cascais Day Trip - Sunday or Monday?
- 24 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 25 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?