For those of you who have been following/helping my plan this is a new post for the next step in the planning of our 2015 trip to Italy
For those of you just tuning in... My husband and I (29 and 32 at time of travel) are taking a three week trip to Italy May of 2015. Our flights are now booked and we have a base itinerary. My next step is to book our accommodations. (Hence this post)
This will be our first international trip, so I've been researching every chance I get. Fodors has been a favorite resource. I am also using Trip Advisor, Google Maps, Rick Steve's guide book, Slow Travel, and a few other sites that have been recommended by some of you For accommodations I have been searching mainly on trip advisor based on ratings and our budget. (Average of €100 per night...planning €200 max for Venice) then I have been checking location on google maps. We would like to be in walking distance to the major sites in Siena, Florence and Rome or at least not too far, and as long as the area is not too sketchy. As far as the Cinque Terre we are leaning toward Riomaggiore or Vernazza.
In this thread I will be posting my questions and findings as I continue my hotel/b&b research. I am totally open to your suggestions and recommendations.
One more little note. I know several of you feel strongly about renting a car for the Tuscan stretch of our trip but after much consideration my husband and I have decided to avoid that this trip and have adjusted our plans accordingly. We realize that this will limit us a bit but with the expense and the potential stress we have let that idea go.
1. Sunday: leave Seattle
2.Monday: arrive Venice (Marco Polo)
7.Saturday: train to 5t
10.Tuesday: train to Florence (day trip stop in Pisa)
11 Wednesday: Florence
13.Friday: bus to Siena sleep Siena
14.Saturday: day trip to Volterra by bus (sleep in Siena)
16.Monday: travel to Rome
22. Sunday: recovery
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Whistle stop family road trip
- 4 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 5 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 6 Scotland itinerary advice
- 7 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 8 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 9 Night Bus?
- 10 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 11 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 12 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 16 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 18 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 19 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 20 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 21 Help with tips in UK
- 22 Positano Hotel in September
- 23 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.