I'm new to this forum, and trying to plan a 3-day weekend trip to London. I'll be there the weekend the Olympics start, but I'm actually not there to see the Olympics. Right now I have two options for lodging that are within my budget -- one is in South Woodford, Redbridge and the other is in Brockley, Lewisham.
I know neither of these places is very central, but I'm curious if someone with knowledge of London would suggest one over the other in terms of ease of getting around. This is my first time in London, so I'll probably stick to some basic touristy sights. Also, I'll be flying into Gatwick, and leaving out of Heathrow.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 2 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 3 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 4 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 5 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 6 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 7 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 8 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 9 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 10 French election
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 12 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 13 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 14 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 15 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 16 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 17 French Election - Questions???
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 2 weeks Europe trip
- 22 Leather goods in Florence
- 23 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 24 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 25 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions