I'm new to this forum, and trying to plan a 3-day weekend trip to London. I'll be there the weekend the Olympics start, but I'm actually not there to see the Olympics. Right now I have two options for lodging that are within my budget -- one is in South Woodford, Redbridge and the other is in Brockley, Lewisham.
I know neither of these places is very central, but I'm curious if someone with knowledge of London would suggest one over the other in terms of ease of getting around. This is my first time in London, so I'll probably stick to some basic touristy sights. Also, I'll be flying into Gatwick, and leaving out of Heathrow.
Thanks in advance!
where to stay: South Woodford or Brockley
- 1 Need help w/last minute change in plans--Chamonix or Zermatt June 13th
- 2 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 3 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 4 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 5 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 6 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 7 May 25, 2013: Being tourists and finding festivals
- 8 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 9 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 10 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 11 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 12 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 13 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 14 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 15 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 16 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 17 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 18 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 19 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 20 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 21 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 22 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 23 Stop over in France
- 24 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 25 Vatican Guided Tours Questions