I'm new to this forum, and trying to plan a 3-day weekend trip to London. I'll be there the weekend the Olympics start, but I'm actually not there to see the Olympics. Right now I have two options for lodging that are within my budget -- one is in South Woodford, Redbridge and the other is in Brockley, Lewisham.
I know neither of these places is very central, but I'm curious if someone with knowledge of London would suggest one over the other in terms of ease of getting around. This is my first time in London, so I'll probably stick to some basic touristy sights. Also, I'll be flying into Gatwick, and leaving out of Heathrow.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US: SBCGLOBAL Mail Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 Sbcglobal mail
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 4 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 5 Paris for children
- 6 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 7 Couscous
- 8 London in Winter Report
- 9 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 10 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 16 days in France and Italy
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 IWM
- 17 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 18 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 19 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 20 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 21 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 22 quickest way to Prague
- 23 Scotland - We're Here!
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?