I'm new to this forum, and trying to plan a 3-day weekend trip to London. I'll be there the weekend the Olympics start, but I'm actually not there to see the Olympics. Right now I have two options for lodging that are within my budget -- one is in South Woodford, Redbridge and the other is in Brockley, Lewisham.
I know neither of these places is very central, but I'm curious if someone with knowledge of London would suggest one over the other in terms of ease of getting around. This is my first time in London, so I'll probably stick to some basic touristy sights. Also, I'll be flying into Gatwick, and leaving out of Heathrow.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel around Spain
- 2 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 3 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 4 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 5 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 6 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 7 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 8 Hilton CPH no loner
- 9 Cornwall UK
- 10 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 11 French Wedding
- 12 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 13 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 14 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 15 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 16 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 17 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 18 I may be wrong....
- 19 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 20 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 21 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 22 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 23 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 24 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 25 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany