I'm new to this forum, and trying to plan a 3-day weekend trip to London. I'll be there the weekend the Olympics start, but I'm actually not there to see the Olympics. Right now I have two options for lodging that are within my budget -- one is in South Woodford, Redbridge and the other is in Brockley, Lewisham.
I know neither of these places is very central, but I'm curious if someone with knowledge of London would suggest one over the other in terms of ease of getting around. This is my first time in London, so I'll probably stick to some basic touristy sights. Also, I'll be flying into Gatwick, and leaving out of Heathrow.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 8 Towersey, London
- 9 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 10 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Amalfi Coast help
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 20 A few days outside Rome
- 21 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 CDG airport and connection time
- 24 Paris Metro
- 25 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris