I'm new to this forum, and trying to plan a 3-day weekend trip to London. I'll be there the weekend the Olympics start, but I'm actually not there to see the Olympics. Right now I have two options for lodging that are within my budget -- one is in South Woodford, Redbridge and the other is in Brockley, Lewisham.
I know neither of these places is very central, but I'm curious if someone with knowledge of London would suggest one over the other in terms of ease of getting around. This is my first time in London, so I'll probably stick to some basic touristy sights. Also, I'll be flying into Gatwick, and leaving out of Heathrow.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 4 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona