I'm new to this forum, and trying to plan a 3-day weekend trip to London. I'll be there the weekend the Olympics start, but I'm actually not there to see the Olympics. Right now I have two options for lodging that are within my budget -- one is in South Woodford, Redbridge and the other is in Brockley, Lewisham.
I know neither of these places is very central, but I'm curious if someone with knowledge of London would suggest one over the other in terms of ease of getting around. This is my first time in London, so I'll probably stick to some basic touristy sights. Also, I'll be flying into Gatwick, and leaving out of Heathrow.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 2 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 3 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 4 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 5 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 6 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 7 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 8 Barcelona
- 9 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 10 Planning a European Trip
- 11 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 12 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 13 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 14 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Spain and South of France
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Algarve location Help
- 19 Andalucia itinerary help
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 22 Ischia
- 23 Killarney
- 24 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 25 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy