My husband, 2 year old twins and I are stopping in Switzerland for 2 nights enroute from Paris to Milan. After much research on the various train routes and stops, we decided that staying in Luzern (doing Mt Pilatus) and taking the EC train via Zurich through the Gotthard pass would be scenic and give us the biggest bang for our short stay. After looking at hotel options within walking distance to train station in Lucerne (we would need very early am train to Zurich, so within walking distance seemed best), nothing looks good - lots of mediocre, overpriced hotels. So, I'm wondering.....is there a town/village on the train route from Lucerne to Zurich that's quaint/charming that might be a better option- we could take the train to Lucerne for sightseeing and also get to Zurich easily for the EC train to Milan.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://gomusclebuilding.com/numax-test-xt/
- 2 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 5 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 8 Norway Honeymoon
- 9 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 10 Schengen Rule
- 11 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 12 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 13 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 14 Our future trip to Greece
- 15 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 18 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 19 Quizz !
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Pay attention to your watches !
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada