My husband, 2 year old twins and I are stopping in Switzerland for 2 nights enroute from Paris to Milan. After much research on the various train routes and stops, we decided that staying in Luzern (doing Mt Pilatus) and taking the EC train via Zurich through the Gotthard pass would be scenic and give us the biggest bang for our short stay. After looking at hotel options within walking distance to train station in Lucerne (we would need very early am train to Zurich, so within walking distance seemed best), nothing looks good - lots of mediocre, overpriced hotels. So, I'm wondering.....is there a town/village on the train route from Lucerne to Zurich that's quaint/charming that might be a better option- we could take the train to Lucerne for sightseeing and also get to Zurich easily for the EC train to Milan.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renewal@: ESET ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT ESET* 24x7
- 2 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 3 Help on ancient history route
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Edinbrugh
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Berlin to ?
- 9 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 12 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 13 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 14 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 15 Maximizing Norway time
- 16 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 19 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 3 days solo in London
- 22 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 23 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Scotland