My husband, 2 year old twins and I are stopping in Switzerland for 2 nights enroute from Paris to Milan. After much research on the various train routes and stops, we decided that staying in Luzern (doing Mt Pilatus) and taking the EC train via Zurich through the Gotthard pass would be scenic and give us the biggest bang for our short stay. After looking at hotel options within walking distance to train station in Lucerne (we would need very early am train to Zurich, so within walking distance seemed best), nothing looks good - lots of mediocre, overpriced hotels. So, I'm wondering.....is there a town/village on the train route from Lucerne to Zurich that's quaint/charming that might be a better option- we could take the train to Lucerne for sightseeing and also get to Zurich easily for the EC train to Milan.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Denis Cathedral
- 2 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 3 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 4 Paris cooking classes
- 5 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 6 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 First time in Bulgaria
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 Alps Drive
- 11 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Praiano
- 16 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Help please
- 19 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 20 Andalucia itinerary help
- 21 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 Planning a Trip to Greece