We (husband and wife) will have a 1 day/1 night layover in Zurich next Sat on our way to Northern Italy. We'll land at 8 a.m. and fly out to Milan the next day at 8:30 a.m. Planning to buy the ZurichCard for transportation and sightseeing. Where should we stay -- at the airport or in downtown? Rationale for airport is easier to get to airport the next day for our early morning flight. Rationale for downtown is if we get jetlagged and tired on the first day in Europe, we could just go back to hotel to crash, but we don't know whether it's difficult to catch the train to the airport early in the morning. Or staying at the airport hotel would be fine since we can just use the ZurichCard to ride it back to the hotel to crash in the middle of the day?
We're planning to use hotel points for either:
1) Radisson Blu at airport
2) Sheraton in downtown
Any other options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Shorts in South of France?
- 3 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 4 Camogli and surrounds
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 9 Route des Vins
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 15 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 limousine services - milan - rome
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 25 Homesaty