We (husband and wife) will have a 1 day/1 night layover in Zurich next Sat on our way to Northern Italy. We'll land at 8 a.m. and fly out to Milan the next day at 8:30 a.m. Planning to buy the ZurichCard for transportation and sightseeing. Where should we stay -- at the airport or in downtown? Rationale for airport is easier to get to airport the next day for our early morning flight. Rationale for downtown is if we get jetlagged and tired on the first day in Europe, we could just go back to hotel to crash, but we don't know whether it's difficult to catch the train to the airport early in the morning. Or staying at the airport hotel would be fine since we can just use the ZurichCard to ride it back to the hotel to crash in the middle of the day?
We're planning to use hotel points for either:
1) Radisson Blu at airport
2) Sheraton in downtown
Any other options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Greece
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 6 Help on ancient history route
- 7 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 8 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 9 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 10 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 11 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 12 Iceland
- 13 Spain - day driver advice
- 14 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 17 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 20 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 21 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 24 Lake Como AREA questions
- 25 Berlin to ?