We (husband and wife) will have a 1 day/1 night layover in Zurich next Sat on our way to Northern Italy. We'll land at 8 a.m. and fly out to Milan the next day at 8:30 a.m. Planning to buy the ZurichCard for transportation and sightseeing. Where should we stay -- at the airport or in downtown? Rationale for airport is easier to get to airport the next day for our early morning flight. Rationale for downtown is if we get jetlagged and tired on the first day in Europe, we could just go back to hotel to crash, but we don't know whether it's difficult to catch the train to the airport early in the morning. Or staying at the airport hotel would be fine since we can just use the ZurichCard to ride it back to the hotel to crash in the middle of the day?
We're planning to use hotel points for either:
1) Radisson Blu at airport
2) Sheraton in downtown
Any other options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 8 Train Through Spain
- 9 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 hill of crosses
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice