We (husband and wife) will have a 1 day/1 night layover in Zurich next Sat on our way to Northern Italy. We'll land at 8 a.m. and fly out to Milan the next day at 8:30 a.m. Planning to buy the ZurichCard for transportation and sightseeing. Where should we stay -- at the airport or in downtown? Rationale for airport is easier to get to airport the next day for our early morning flight. Rationale for downtown is if we get jetlagged and tired on the first day in Europe, we could just go back to hotel to crash, but we don't know whether it's difficult to catch the train to the airport early in the morning. Or staying at the airport hotel would be fine since we can just use the ZurichCard to ride it back to the hotel to crash in the middle of the day?
We're planning to use hotel points for either:
1) Radisson Blu at airport
2) Sheraton in downtown
Any other options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Study Abroad
- 2 London is it worth it?
- 3 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 4 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 5 free international phone calls
- 6 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 7 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 10 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 11 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 12 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 13 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 14 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 15 London 6 day itinerary
- 16 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 17 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 18 International drivers permit
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 21 Paris and Normandy
- 22 Sicily Beach Resort
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 25 Two days in Rome