We (husband and wife) will have a 1 day/1 night layover in Zurich next Sat on our way to Northern Italy. We'll land at 8 a.m. and fly out to Milan the next day at 8:30 a.m. Planning to buy the ZurichCard for transportation and sightseeing. Where should we stay -- at the airport or in downtown? Rationale for airport is easier to get to airport the next day for our early morning flight. Rationale for downtown is if we get jetlagged and tired on the first day in Europe, we could just go back to hotel to crash, but we don't know whether it's difficult to catch the train to the airport early in the morning. Or staying at the airport hotel would be fine since we can just use the ZurichCard to ride it back to the hotel to crash in the middle of the day?
We're planning to use hotel points for either:
1) Radisson Blu at airport
2) Sheraton in downtown
Any other options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 7 where to stay in London?
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Juangfrau / mt
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 18 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 19 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 23 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 24 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 25 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece