We are planning to stay in San Sebastian for 5 nights in October. We looked at all of our choices and selected the Maria Cristina. The Maria Cristina was more expensive than our usual choices but we this was going to be our splurge. Unfortunately, it turns out that the Maria Cristina will be closed for renovations during October.
So now we are looking at other hotels. Quality and location are on the top of the wish list. We want to be able to leave our car parked at the hotel and be able to walk to the old town for dinner-rain or shine. Here is what we came up as our choices:
Hotel Londres: Close to the action but based on Trip Advisor reviews, it seems like it has gone downhill and is in need of repair.
Villa Soro: Sounds nice and upscale but apparently is a good 20 minute walk into Old Town.
Hotel Astoria 7: Again, a 20 minute walk or so into Old Town.
Hotel Niza: Would be fine if we could be sure to have a sea view room. But without the sea view, it sounds like a very ordinary place to stay.
Am I missing any other hotel possibilities or does anyone have any othe pros or cons to the above list to help us make our choice?
Thanks in advance.
Where to stay in San Sebastian??
- 1 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 2 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 3 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 4 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 7 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 8 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 9 Stop over in France
- 10 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 11 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 12 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 13 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 14 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 15 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 16 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 17 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 18 Northern Italy
- 19 Home base in Provence in July
- 20 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 21 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 22 Paris Itinerary Advice - September 2013
- 23 Advance Eurostar Tickets
- 24 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 25 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?