My boyfriend and I are going to visit Paris for the 1st time in november and we can't decide where to stay. So many arrondissements, so many things to see. We'll be there for 4 1/2 days and we would like to visit as many attractions as possible (Eiffel Tower, Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Sacre-Couer, Champs-Elysee, Luxemburg Gardens, ...) but we also like to wander on the streets, people-watch and find a place to have something to eat and drink at the end of the day.
A friend recommended to stay near Champs Elysee, other sugested Le Marais and another one swears by the area near the Eiffel Tower... Basically, we have no idea were to stay.
So far we've kinda narrowed it down to the Latin Quartier, 5th/6th/7th arr. and the areas near Champs Elysee/Eiffel Tower/Le Marais (because of the recommendations), but I'm not really sure these would be the best places for us or which one to choose.
We are in our early 30's, our budget would be about 145USD per night (lower if possible - for hotels, air bnb or youth hotels with private rooms), we don't mind walking, but I'd rather to stay near a station and we would prefer an area that has some kind of night life (nothing too wild) where it's safe to walk around after 10, 11 pm (I'm freaked out by walking empty streets late at night).
All help is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 2 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 3 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 4 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 5 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 6 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 7 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 8 Hotels in Turin
- 9 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 10 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 11 Best layover option
- 12 3 months in Bristol
- 13 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 16 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 17 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 18 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 21 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 22 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 23 Chania or Rhodes Town
- 24 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 25 Lake Como AREA questions