My boyfriend and I are going to visit Paris for the 1st time in november and we can't decide where to stay. So many arrondissements, so many things to see. We'll be there for 4 1/2 days and we would like to visit as many attractions as possible (Eiffel Tower, Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Sacre-Couer, Champs-Elysee, Luxemburg Gardens, ...) but we also like to wander on the streets, people-watch and find a place to have something to eat and drink at the end of the day.
A friend recommended to stay near Champs Elysee, other sugested Le Marais and another one swears by the area near the Eiffel Tower... Basically, we have no idea were to stay.
So far we've kinda narrowed it down to the Latin Quartier, 5th/6th/7th arr. and the areas near Champs Elysee/Eiffel Tower/Le Marais (because of the recommendations), but I'm not really sure these would be the best places for us or which one to choose.
We are in our early 30's, our budget would be about 145USD per night (lower if possible - for hotels, air bnb or youth hotels with private rooms), we don't mind walking, but I'd rather to stay near a station and we would prefer an area that has some kind of night life (nothing too wild) where it's safe to walk around after 10, 11 pm (I'm freaked out by walking empty streets late at night).
All help is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 5 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 6 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 7 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 8 SE ITALY
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 One free day in Barcelona
- 13 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 14 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 15 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 20 Bordeaux to Nice
- 21 Greek Village
- 22 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 23 Uber vs. TfL
- 24 Berlin
- 25 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011