My boyfriend and I are going to visit Paris for the 1st time in november and we can't decide where to stay. So many arrondissements, so many things to see. We'll be there for 4 1/2 days and we would like to visit as many attractions as possible (Eiffel Tower, Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Sacre-Couer, Champs-Elysee, Luxemburg Gardens, ...) but we also like to wander on the streets, people-watch and find a place to have something to eat and drink at the end of the day.
A friend recommended to stay near Champs Elysee, other sugested Le Marais and another one swears by the area near the Eiffel Tower... Basically, we have no idea were to stay.
So far we've kinda narrowed it down to the Latin Quartier, 5th/6th/7th arr. and the areas near Champs Elysee/Eiffel Tower/Le Marais (because of the recommendations), but I'm not really sure these would be the best places for us or which one to choose.
We are in our early 30's, our budget would be about 145USD per night (lower if possible - for hotels, air bnb or youth hotels with private rooms), we don't mind walking, but I'd rather to stay near a station and we would prefer an area that has some kind of night life (nothing too wild) where it's safe to walk around after 10, 11 pm (I'm freaked out by walking empty streets late at night).
All help is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 7 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 8 Trip to Rome
- 9 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Spain in December
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 cheap food in london
- 14 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 15 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 16 Eating Indian In London
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 19 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 22 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 23 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 24 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 25 K-Day