I'm looking for some advice on which arrondissement in Paris to stay in for my trip this September. This will be my first time, and I'm going solo. I'm late 20's and single. My priority is to just relax and take it all in: people-watch, walk, eat/drink, read, I think you get the picture I will hit the big sights, but don't love museums and I'd rather spend my time on nice days walking through parks, markets, having picnics, sitting outside at cafes with books. I work in the F&B industry and have a deep appreciation for good food and beverage. I do love the nighttime, I wouldn't say I'm a huge partier - but I do love a long night at a wine bar or restaurant bar, talking to new people and getting lost in conversation. I am alone, so safety is a priority - won't take any risks. That said, I'd love to feel comfortable enough to be out at night and get back to the place I'm staying (if this is possible...I feel like it could be in the right location).
I'd love to get your ideas on which arrondissement to stay in. I am on a budget, so nothing too fancy. I'm pretty low frills and will likely Air BnB a room in an apartment (I do have sleep issues with noise so won't be going the communal hostel route in risk of ruining my trip).
I appreciate any help! Any ideas for cafes or things that sound up my alley, I'll take those too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 2 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 3 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 4 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 5 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 6 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 7 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 8 YIKES!
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 11 Final Four
- 12 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 13 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 14 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 15 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 16 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 17 Cash machines ATM
- 18 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 19 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 22 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 23 Getting around Lisbon
- 24 May get together in Paris
- 25 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid