I'm looking for some advice on which arrondissement in Paris to stay in for my trip this September. This will be my first time, and I'm going solo. I'm late 20's and single. My priority is to just relax and take it all in: people-watch, walk, eat/drink, read, I think you get the picture I will hit the big sights, but don't love museums and I'd rather spend my time on nice days walking through parks, markets, having picnics, sitting outside at cafes with books. I work in the F&B industry and have a deep appreciation for good food and beverage. I do love the nighttime, I wouldn't say I'm a huge partier - but I do love a long night at a wine bar or restaurant bar, talking to new people and getting lost in conversation. I am alone, so safety is a priority - won't take any risks. That said, I'd love to feel comfortable enough to be out at night and get back to the place I'm staying (if this is possible...I feel like it could be in the right location).
I'd love to get your ideas on which arrondissement to stay in. I am on a budget, so nothing too fancy. I'm pretty low frills and will likely Air BnB a room in an apartment (I do have sleep issues with noise so won't be going the communal hostel route in risk of ruining my trip).
I appreciate any help! Any ideas for cafes or things that sound up my alley, I'll take those too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 2 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 3 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 4 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 5 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 6 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 7 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 8 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 9 help with Italy itinerary
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Venice
- 12 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 13 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 14 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 15 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Scotland and London 21 days
- 18 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 19 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 20 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 21 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 22 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 Capri in July
- 25 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...