I am planning a 2013 visit to Scotland.
I came across the Braemar Gathering (1st Saturday in Sept) and thought it would be interesting to stop for a night or two to watch the natives engage in their exotic pagan rituals.
Last night on PBS's "Queen and Country" I discovered that the head tribal chief attends this ritual gathering every year.
So, figuring that the Braemar hotels are going to be filled next year, I thought I would get an early start:
I have the following places in mind:
Callater Lodge, Braemar
Clunie lodge, Braemar
Invercauld Arms, Braemar
Deeside Hotel, Ballater
All thoughts and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : BROTHER Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 BROTHER PRINTER 24*7
- 2 brother printer TEch 1:800:681:7208 SuppOrt contact
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 9 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 10 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 11 Paris and Normandy
- 12 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 13 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 14 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 15 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 16 Help me make this possible!
- 17 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 18 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 19 Car Rental
- 20 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 21 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 22 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 23 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 24 Balkans
- 25 My first trip to Crete