I am planning a 2013 visit to Scotland.
I came across the Braemar Gathering (1st Saturday in Sept) and thought it would be interesting to stop for a night or two to watch the natives engage in their exotic pagan rituals.
Last night on PBS's "Queen and Country" I discovered that the head tribal chief attends this ritual gathering every year.
So, figuring that the Braemar hotels are going to be filled next year, I thought I would get an early start:
I have the following places in mind:
Callater Lodge, Braemar
Clunie lodge, Braemar
Invercauld Arms, Braemar
Deeside Hotel, Ballater
All thoughts and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 2 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 3 Rome Water Shortage
- 4 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 5 Visiting Zurich
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 8 Moldova and Transnistria
- 9 Getting around London
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 13 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 14 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 19 Iceland in January/February
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 Driving in Italy
- 22 Paris in August
- 23 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 24 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 25 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017