I am planning a 2013 visit to Scotland.
I came across the Braemar Gathering (1st Saturday in Sept) and thought it would be interesting to stop for a night or two to watch the natives engage in their exotic pagan rituals.
Last night on PBS's "Queen and Country" I discovered that the head tribal chief attends this ritual gathering every year.
So, figuring that the Braemar hotels are going to be filled next year, I thought I would get an early start:
I have the following places in mind:
Callater Lodge, Braemar
Clunie lodge, Braemar
Invercauld Arms, Braemar
Deeside Hotel, Ballater
All thoughts and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer Installation/Set-up CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 HP Tech SUPPORT Care
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 4 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 5 Hiking in Switzerland
- 6 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 7 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 8 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 9 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 10 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 11 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 12 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 13 Edinbrugh
- 14 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 15 Maximizing Norway time
- 16 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 17 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 18 Best layover option
- 19 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 20 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 21 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 24 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 25 3 days solo in London