I am planning a 2013 visit to Scotland.
I came across the Braemar Gathering (1st Saturday in Sept) and thought it would be interesting to stop for a night or two to watch the natives engage in their exotic pagan rituals.
Last night on PBS's "Queen and Country" I discovered that the head tribal chief attends this ritual gathering every year.
So, figuring that the Braemar hotels are going to be filled next year, I thought I would get an early start:
I have the following places in mind:
Callater Lodge, Braemar
Clunie lodge, Braemar
Invercauld Arms, Braemar
Deeside Hotel, Ballater
All thoughts and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 Transport for local Venice travel
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sim Card
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Borghese Gallery Question
- 15 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Sicily help
- 22 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Cork questions
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy