I am planning a 2013 visit to Scotland.
I came across the Braemar Gathering (1st Saturday in Sept) and thought it would be interesting to stop for a night or two to watch the natives engage in their exotic pagan rituals.
Last night on PBS's "Queen and Country" I discovered that the head tribal chief attends this ritual gathering every year.
So, figuring that the Braemar hotels are going to be filled next year, I thought I would get an early start:
I have the following places in mind:
Callater Lodge, Braemar
Clunie lodge, Braemar
Invercauld Arms, Braemar
Deeside Hotel, Ballater
All thoughts and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 2 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Tour of Northern Italy
- 12 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 13 Cognac transportation?
- 14 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 15 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 17 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 18 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 19 Granada to Madrid
- 20 San Sebastian
- 21 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 22 Hotel in Vienna
- 23 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 25 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris