We'll be stopping over in London for Sat / Sun / Mon stay. Flying back to the U.S. on Tues morning at 9:30 a.m. Where's a good base to stay during that time--convenient for sightseeing? Is it advisable to stay near Heathrow the night before our flight?
It's been more than 15 years since I last went to London, so I don't mind doing all the major sights all over again,, esp now I'm going with my DH who is a first timer. There must new places that I haven't seen, like the Tate Modern, etc.
Also, if you could recommend a perfect 3 days itinerary that would be great, including good restaurant recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 2 Our European adventures
- 3 Eurotrip - Athens to Santorini
- 4 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 5 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 6 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 7 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 8 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 9 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 10 Spain Trip Report
- 11 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 12 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 13 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 14 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 15 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 16 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 17 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 18 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 19 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 20 20 free days of Europe
- 21 CDG international flight
- 22 12 days europe
- 23 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 24 Budapest on a budget
- 25 Seville in late January