We'll be stopping over in London for Sat / Sun / Mon stay. Flying back to the U.S. on Tues morning at 9:30 a.m. Where's a good base to stay during that time--convenient for sightseeing? Is it advisable to stay near Heathrow the night before our flight?
It's been more than 15 years since I last went to London, so I don't mind doing all the major sights all over again,, esp now I'm going with my DH who is a first timer. There must new places that I haven't seen, like the Tate Modern, etc.
Also, if you could recommend a perfect 3 days itinerary that would be great, including good restaurant recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 Sicily
- 5 Versailles
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 14 Train help for Prague
- 15 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 16 Germany train help!
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Where to enjoy Paris
- 22 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 23 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 24 Meteora for older folk
- 25 Tours of Versailles, Lyon