We'll be stopping over in London for Sat / Sun / Mon stay. Flying back to the U.S. on Tues morning at 9:30 a.m. Where's a good base to stay during that time--convenient for sightseeing? Is it advisable to stay near Heathrow the night before our flight?
It's been more than 15 years since I last went to London, so I don't mind doing all the major sights all over again,, esp now I'm going with my DH who is a first timer. There must new places that I haven't seen, like the Tate Modern, etc.
Also, if you could recommend a perfect 3 days itinerary that would be great, including good restaurant recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 5 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 8 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 9 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 12 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 15 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 16 Ronda Wine/biking
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 19 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 22 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 23 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 24 Praiano
- 25 Family vacation to europe