We'll be stopping over in London for Sat / Sun / Mon stay. Flying back to the U.S. on Tues morning at 9:30 a.m. Where's a good base to stay during that time--convenient for sightseeing? Is it advisable to stay near Heathrow the night before our flight?
It's been more than 15 years since I last went to London, so I don't mind doing all the major sights all over again,, esp now I'm going with my DH who is a first timer. There must new places that I haven't seen, like the Tate Modern, etc.
Also, if you could recommend a perfect 3 days itinerary that would be great, including good restaurant recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 4 Les Invalides Night Show
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 7 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 10 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 12 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 13 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Camogli and surrounds
- 16 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 17 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 21 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 22 Shorts in South of France?
- 23 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 24 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 25 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience