I was looking some guidance. I am planning a holiday for 4 adults in September to Croatia for 2 weeks. We usually like to rent a villa in 2 different areas so we can see as much of the country as possible. We tend to hire a car and have in the past picked up and dropped off at different airports so that we can travel through the region. We like quiet, relaxing vacations with beautiful scenery and prefer to have at least one of the villas close to the sea. We love to live among the locals for at least part of our holiday and do not like to stay in busy touristy places. We like to visit the cities or more popular areas as part of a day trip.
I have read a lot about Croatia and every region sounds perfect to me. So I would really appreciate if you could give me some of your views. I know everyone has personal choices but based on what we generally look for in a holiday as outlined above I would welcome some ideas from those of you who have visited or perhaps even live there.
Really looking forward to your responses thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 2 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 3 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 4 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 10 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 15 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 16 My special places in Europe
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 20 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 23 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 24 Travelling with Vueling?
- 25 Night Bus?