We are planning to spend 2 nights in the Cinque Terre region in early August and would like some advice on where to stay. We will be arriving at the Pisa airport in the late afternoon and had originally planned to spend the night and then rent a car the next day and drive to Cinque Terre. We are now considering taking a train from Pisa and spend 2 nights and then train back to Pisa in the morning, tour about and then pick up the rental car. Any opinions on our plans and suggestions for which village we should look for accommodations in? We would like to do a bit of hiking or walking the trails between a couple of the villages and then either take the train or a boat to see the rest.
Where to Stay in Cinque Terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 2 Great restaurants in Italy
- 3 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 4 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 5 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 6 Scotland and northern England
- 7 Germany for 3 weeks
- 8 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 9 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 10 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 11 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 12 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 13 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 16 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 17 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 18 WiFi on trains
- 19 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 20 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 21 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 22 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 23 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 24 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 25 Switzerland Trip with Family