I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 2 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 3 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 4 Running of the Bulls 2016
- 5 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 6 Train frequency/schedule for Eastern Europe
- 7 Euro Quiz # 106 - Countries Loving McDonalds the Most!
- 8 Has anyone used Lastminute.com to book rooms?
- 9 Todi as a stopover?
- 10 Another (!) German rail strike
- 11 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 12 Another Visit to London
- 13 Rental car in Italy
- 14 Munich- Prague-Berlin Itinerary Help
- 15 Forints or Euros?
- 16 Budapest Evening Cruise?
- 17 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 18 Athens to Delphi to Meteora to Thessalonki
- 19 Portugal and Spain
- 20 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 21 Istanbul: hectic, opulent, diverse and extremely welcoming
- 22 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 23 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 24 A 3rd destination to add to trip
- 25 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe