I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 2 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 3 Iceland in July
- 4 Charles Degaulle question
- 5 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 6 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 7 Train rides
- 8 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 9 Pompeii luggage storage
- 10 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 11 italy itinerary request
- 12 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 13 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 14 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 15 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 16 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 17 Train Help
- 18 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 19 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 20 Paris gtg in October?
- 21 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 22 First time in Italy
- 23 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 24 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 25 Sample itinerary Germany in March