I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Where to stay in Athens
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 2 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 3 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 European Jazz Festivals (2015)?
- 6 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 9 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 10 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 11 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 12 men's shoes spain
- 13 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 14 Unique Venice Activity
- 15 Traveling in France by train
- 16 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 17 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 20 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 21 London visit
- 22 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 23 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 24 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 25 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?