I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 4 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 7 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 10 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 11 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Summer Travel order
- 17 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 18 Trip suggestion
- 19 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 20 Dijon in December!
- 21 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days