I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 2 Rome Airport Question!
- 3 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 I forgot my international driver permit
- 6 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 7 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 8 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 9 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 10 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 11 Prague old town
- 12 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 13 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 14 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 15 Ordering in a Deli
- 16 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 17 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 18 20 free days of Europe
- 19 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 20 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 21 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 22 International Friends Tour
- 23 Naples or Genoa
- 24 Walking Scotland
- 25 Help with itinerary