I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 help with Italy itinerary
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 5 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 6 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 9 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 10 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 11 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 12 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 13 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 14 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 15 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 17 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 19 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 20 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 21 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 22 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 23 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 24 Capri in July
- 25 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower