I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 3 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 4 My 60th birthday surprises
- 5 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 6 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 7 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 8 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 9 Help with first time trip with family
- 10 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 11 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 12 Verona or Athens?
- 13 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 14 Spain car rental questions
- 15 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 16 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 17 Basque country ideas
- 18 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 19 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 20 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 23 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow