I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 2 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 3 4 week trip Turkey
- 4 TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK FULL DAY
- 5 What to take to Germany
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 8 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 9 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 10 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 11 Scotland Trip
- 12 Holiday in Austria
- 13 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 14 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 15 What one thing in Paris?
- 16 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 17 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 18 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 19 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 20 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 21 Paris Under Seige...
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 23 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 24 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 25 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November