I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 planning confusion
- 2 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 3 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 4 Croatia Itenerary
- 5 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 6 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 7 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 8 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 9 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 10 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 11 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 12 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 13 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 14 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 15 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 16 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 Shopping in Paris
- 19 8 day visit to Portugal
- 20 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 21 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 22 Schengen visa
- 23 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 24 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 25 Current Paris vacation rental news...