I need some recommendations on where to stay in Athens on September. It will be my 3rd week in Europe by Sept 15, and most likely will be coming from Rome(90% sure as of now). My friends will arrive to Athens on Sept 15 around noon time and we will be getting the earliest ferry next day 7:00 out of Rafina port to Mykonos. I looked at flights from Rome to Athens, and the flights that are arriving around or before noon time costs $500+. The flights later are cheaper, although I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting for me as they will be coming from a long international flight. I don't mind flying in the day earlier but with this I don't know where to stay. Is staying one night in central(solo) then one night by Rafina (with friends) a good plan? I figured they can drop their bags while we try to do a little sight seeing on the day they arrive then take a bus to Rafina by evening for early am ferry.
Any inputs will help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland Hotels
- 2 Florence and Rome
- 3 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 4 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 5 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 6 Amalfi October 16-25
- 7 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 8 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 9 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 10 21 nights in England, please help
- 11 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 12 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 13 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 14 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 15 Trip report European honeymoon
- 16 Ireland-3 Weeks, 3 Bases
- 17 Sentimental Journey
- 18 Need advice on Greek islands
- 19 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 20 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 21 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 22 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 London vacation, 1st time in UK