We will be ending our 3 week trip to France by flying out from Marseille (we booked open jaw tickets into Paris and out of Marseille). We will be in Paris, Normandy and Provence. I have blocked off the last 3 nights to stay somewhere near Marseille to catch our return flight. Ideally, I am looking for something near the beach so we can relax by the sea before flying home (we are 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 8 and 10). .
I am having trouble figuring out lodging for these last 3 nights. It doesn't sound like the beaches in Marseille are that nice. We have been to Nice on a previous trip so I am less interested in staying in a city proper like Marseille (although I do want to try bouillabaisse!). Cassis looks like a pretty town and I am intrigued by visitng the calanques (although it seems like they are only "viewable" by boat - not sure my kids could hike into the national park). Can anyone recommend a good place to stay close to a nice beach? (not sure if the beaches are only pebble beaches). We want to be within 45 minutes of MRS airport. Note that we will be driving from Les Baux area so anywhere from the Blue Coast to Cassis would work. I would prefer a 1 bdrm so the kids have their own sleeping area.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Where to enjoy Paris
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 Athens
- 11 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 12 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 13 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 14 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 17 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 18 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome
Where to stay for short family beach getaway near Marseille?