We will be ending our 3 week trip to France by flying out from Marseille (we booked open jaw tickets into Paris and out of Marseille). We will be in Paris, Normandy and Provence. I have blocked off the last 3 nights to stay somewhere near Marseille to catch our return flight. Ideally, I am looking for something near the beach so we can relax by the sea before flying home (we are 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 8 and 10). .
I am having trouble figuring out lodging for these last 3 nights. It doesn't sound like the beaches in Marseille are that nice. We have been to Nice on a previous trip so I am less interested in staying in a city proper like Marseille (although I do want to try bouillabaisse!). Cassis looks like a pretty town and I am intrigued by visitng the calanques (although it seems like they are only "viewable" by boat - not sure my kids could hike into the national park). Can anyone recommend a good place to stay close to a nice beach? (not sure if the beaches are only pebble beaches). We want to be within 45 minutes of MRS airport. Note that we will be driving from Les Baux area so anywhere from the Blue Coast to Cassis would work. I would prefer a 1 bdrm so the kids have their own sleeping area.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 2 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Santorini lodging
- 7 Milan private guide
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 10 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 13 Italian lakes
- 14 Ronda Wine/biking
- 15 What do after Bernia Express?
- 16 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 17 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 18 Self drive tour companies
- 19 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 20 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 21 Ischia
- 22 9 days in London
- 23 Germany family road trip help!
- 24 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
Where to stay for short family beach getaway near Marseille?