We will be ending our 3 week trip to France by flying out from Marseille (we booked open jaw tickets into Paris and out of Marseille). We will be in Paris, Normandy and Provence. I have blocked off the last 3 nights to stay somewhere near Marseille to catch our return flight. Ideally, I am looking for something near the beach so we can relax by the sea before flying home (we are 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 8 and 10). .
I am having trouble figuring out lodging for these last 3 nights. It doesn't sound like the beaches in Marseille are that nice. We have been to Nice on a previous trip so I am less interested in staying in a city proper like Marseille (although I do want to try bouillabaisse!). Cassis looks like a pretty town and I am intrigued by visitng the calanques (although it seems like they are only "viewable" by boat - not sure my kids could hike into the national park). Can anyone recommend a good place to stay close to a nice beach? (not sure if the beaches are only pebble beaches). We want to be within 45 minutes of MRS airport. Note that we will be driving from Les Baux area so anywhere from the Blue Coast to Cassis would work. I would prefer a 1 bdrm so the kids have their own sleeping area.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 9 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 10 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Lisbon
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
Where to stay for short family beach getaway near Marseille?