Hello, Italy experts...
My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in late September/early October of this year. Our original schedule had to be altered a bit, and now we're left with an extra Friday that I'm not sure what I want to do with. Here's where we're at:
Fri AM: Land in Milan and head straight to a lake (Como or Maggiore...tbd but opinions/alternatives welcome!)
Mon AM: Depart for Cinque Terre (staying at La Mala in Vernazza)
Thurs AM: Depart CT for...??
Sat AM (early): Fly home out of Milan (or could open-jaw it and leave from Rome, but that's obviously farther away...)
We were supposed to stay that extra Friday in CT, but it didn't end up working out---at least not at that hotel.
So...can anyone recommend a small, scenic town to visit instead? We can obviously try one of the other quattro terre, but I imagine we'll do some wandering throughout all the towns during our Mon-Thurs stay. Not sure I have much interest in either Genoa or La Spezia, so basically I'm throwing a hail mary in search of a little gem of a town that offers pretty scenery and yummy food.
Wherever we go, the plan would be to arrive Thursday, stay over, then leave at some point on Friday (as late in the day/evening as possible) and then spend the final night at a lovely-and-exciting airport hotel since either way---Rome or Milan---we'd have an early flight back on Saturday morning.
Final thing to note: I don't think we're renting a car for this trip, so trains and/or buses it is...
Thank you so much for any ideas or insights!! They are always appreciated.
Where to spend this one last day in Italy...
Hello, Italy experts...
- 1 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 2 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 3 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 4 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 5 Driving through Europe
- 6 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 7 Getting the best our of Europe
- 8 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 9 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 10 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 11 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia
- 12 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 13 Palio Parking
- 14 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 15 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 16 Oxford to Rye
- 17 Alacazar in Sevilla
- 18 restaurants suggestions for verona,venice,florence,and bologna?
- 19 Ideas 1 weeks in Croatia (in and out from Zagreb)
- 20 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 21 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 22 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 23 italy itinerary for comments
- 24 Italy trains: how to prebook, please?
- 25 Extra screening at immigration