Hello, Italy experts...
My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in late September/early October of this year. Our original schedule had to be altered a bit, and now we're left with an extra Friday that I'm not sure what I want to do with. Here's where we're at:
Fri AM: Land in Milan and head straight to a lake (Como or Maggiore...tbd but opinions/alternatives welcome!)
Mon AM: Depart for Cinque Terre (staying at La Mala in Vernazza)
Thurs AM: Depart CT for...??
Sat AM (early): Fly home out of Milan (or could open-jaw it and leave from Rome, but that's obviously farther away...)
We were supposed to stay that extra Friday in CT, but it didn't end up working out---at least not at that hotel.
So...can anyone recommend a small, scenic town to visit instead? We can obviously try one of the other quattro terre, but I imagine we'll do some wandering throughout all the towns during our Mon-Thurs stay. Not sure I have much interest in either Genoa or La Spezia, so basically I'm throwing a hail mary in search of a little gem of a town that offers pretty scenery and yummy food.
Wherever we go, the plan would be to arrive Thursday, stay over, then leave at some point on Friday (as late in the day/evening as possible) and then spend the final night at a lovely-and-exciting airport hotel since either way---Rome or Milan---we'd have an early flight back on Saturday morning.
Final thing to note: I don't think we're renting a car for this trip, so trains and/or buses it is...
Thank you so much for any ideas or insights!! They are always appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 3 LEXMARK Printer Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 LEXMARK Tec*h 24/7
- 4 Milan or Turin
- 5 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 6 Frankfurt to UK
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Barcelona alternative
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 19 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 20 Spanish Medical Providers
- 21 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 22 Paris to Italy
- 23 Driving through Paris
- 24 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 25 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
Hello, Italy experts...