This is my first time posting here, although from time to time I check the forums to get ideas about traveling. My husband and I are going to be in Paris and Belgium this summer (May 28-June 12) to celebrate our anniversary. I am spending some time doing research in England right before, and I will be spending 5 weeks in Brussels afterward, so we're hoping to spend some exploring together in between. We're planning to spend 6 nights in Paris (May 28-June 3) and then head to Bruges for 2 nights (afternoon of 6/3- after dinner 6/4), one night (6/5) and morning until after dinner in Ghent (6/5), and then EITHER one night in Antwerp (6/6) and day until dinner and the rest of the time in Brussels (6/7-6/12, five nights) OR we can head directly to Brussels on the 6th and stay there through the 12, possibly taking a day trip to Antwerp. Any suggestions for how to make the best use of our time in Belgium while still seeing things as much as we can in 8.5 days/9 nights?
In general, we like to see things at a manageable pace (i.e. we decided on 6 nights in Paris instead of 5, assuming that we will probably be back to visit again, although we haven't seen it before) and want to spend at least 4 full days in Brussels exploring. We haven't been to Belgium before and kind of want to get a feel for as much of it as we reasonably have time for without driving ourselves too crazy with traveling. We like seeing new things. I realize there's no way to see any city in just a few days or even a week and we aren't trying to see everything, but this is the time that we have and we want to make the most of it without driving ourselves crazy. Also, I really want to see Paris, and it'd be fun to see Belgium together before I work there for 5 weeks (he'll be back in the USA while I'm working in England and Belgium).
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Areas in Milan
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 http://supplementbase.com/nutraher-lean
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Perugia
- 6 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Ireland itinerary help please
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 11 CDG much improved
- 12 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 16 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 19 Rouen Tour Companies
- 20 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 21 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 Italy bus or train
- 25 May get together in Paris