This is my first time posting here, although from time to time I check the forums to get ideas about traveling. My husband and I are going to be in Paris and Belgium this summer (May 28-June 12) to celebrate our anniversary. I am spending some time doing research in England right before, and I will be spending 5 weeks in Brussels afterward, so we're hoping to spend some exploring together in between. We're planning to spend 6 nights in Paris (May 28-June 3) and then head to Bruges for 2 nights (afternoon of 6/3- after dinner 6/4), one night (6/5) and morning until after dinner in Ghent (6/5), and then EITHER one night in Antwerp (6/6) and day until dinner and the rest of the time in Brussels (6/7-6/12, five nights) OR we can head directly to Brussels on the 6th and stay there through the 12, possibly taking a day trip to Antwerp. Any suggestions for how to make the best use of our time in Belgium while still seeing things as much as we can in 8.5 days/9 nights?
In general, we like to see things at a manageable pace (i.e. we decided on 6 nights in Paris instead of 5, assuming that we will probably be back to visit again, although we haven't seen it before) and want to spend at least 4 full days in Brussels exploring. We haven't been to Belgium before and kind of want to get a feel for as much of it as we reasonably have time for without driving ourselves too crazy with traveling. We like seeing new things. I realize there's no way to see any city in just a few days or even a week and we aren't trying to see everything, but this is the time that we have and we want to make the most of it without driving ourselves crazy. Also, I really want to see Paris, and it'd be fun to see Belgium together before I work there for 5 weeks (he'll be back in the USA while I'm working in England and Belgium).
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands (small)
- 2 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 3 38 Days in Paris
- 4 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Day trip ideas
- 8 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 9 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 10 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 11 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 12 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 13 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 14 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 15 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 19 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 20 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 Things to do in Brussels
- 23 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 24 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 25 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?