This is my first time posting here, although from time to time I check the forums to get ideas about traveling. My husband and I are going to be in Paris and Belgium this summer (May 28-June 12) to celebrate our anniversary. I am spending some time doing research in England right before, and I will be spending 5 weeks in Brussels afterward, so we're hoping to spend some exploring together in between. We're planning to spend 6 nights in Paris (May 28-June 3) and then head to Bruges for 2 nights (afternoon of 6/3- after dinner 6/4), one night (6/5) and morning until after dinner in Ghent (6/5), and then EITHER one night in Antwerp (6/6) and day until dinner and the rest of the time in Brussels (6/7-6/12, five nights) OR we can head directly to Brussels on the 6th and stay there through the 12, possibly taking a day trip to Antwerp. Any suggestions for how to make the best use of our time in Belgium while still seeing things as much as we can in 8.5 days/9 nights?
In general, we like to see things at a manageable pace (i.e. we decided on 6 nights in Paris instead of 5, assuming that we will probably be back to visit again, although we haven't seen it before) and want to spend at least 4 full days in Brussels exploring. We haven't been to Belgium before and kind of want to get a feel for as much of it as we reasonably have time for without driving ourselves too crazy with traveling. We like seeing new things. I realize there's no way to see any city in just a few days or even a week and we aren't trying to see everything, but this is the time that we have and we want to make the most of it without driving ourselves crazy. Also, I really want to see Paris, and it'd be fun to see Belgium together before I work there for 5 weeks (he'll be back in the USA while I'm working in England and Belgium).
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 2 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Road trip with our dog
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy