My fiance and I are traveling all over Italy during the month of August and are so excited! We are in our late 20s and very energetic. During one part of the trip we will be leaving Sorrento and heading towards Tuscany, where we will be staying for the next few days. Our home base will be in Montepulciano, but we'd like to rent a car and explore the region. At this point, we aren't sure where we should pick up the car. Would it better to get the car in the South (e.g. Naples, Sorrento?) or take the train farther north and then pick up the car?
We'd really appreciate any advice and/or information
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 2 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 6 10 day Italy
- 7 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 8 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 9 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Prague itinerary advice
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Santorini lodging
- 14 Ireland
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Italian car factory tours
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 23 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 24 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 25 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?