Next year we will again be visiting my happy place France.
We will fly out of Dubrovnik on the 30th June to somewhere in France. I've looked at flights out of Dubrovnik to France and all destinations, other than Paris - (we will end our trip there 3 weeks later), requires at least 1 stop (no direct flights).
So the choice is ours.
We love France and have visited the following areas:
Provence, stayed 2 weeks in the Luberon
Alsace area stayed twice
Normandy and some Brittany
Sarlat as a base for 1 week
Paris 4 times
After 3 weeks we will end up in Paris for a few days and the only other place on our list is visiting some French friends for a few days, they live near Nimes. I would also like to see Avignon and maybe a possible TGV trip back to Paris from there will work in.
We had thought maybe Dijon Burgundy area. But not sure now.
We will rent a car for all or some of the time. Whatever works in.
Now I know many people have visited and stayed at some amazing places so I am looking for help to make my decision.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 credit and debit cards
- 2 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 3 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 4 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 5 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 6 YIKES!
- 7 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 8 Cinqueterre
- 9 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 10 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 11 Swiss Pass
- 12 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 13 Trip to Ireland in September
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 18 Final Four
- 19 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Cornwall UK
- 22 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 23 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 24 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 25 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop