Next year we will again be visiting my happy place France.
We will fly out of Dubrovnik on the 30th June to somewhere in France. I've looked at flights out of Dubrovnik to France and all destinations, other than Paris - (we will end our trip there 3 weeks later), requires at least 1 stop (no direct flights).
So the choice is ours.
We love France and have visited the following areas:
Provence, stayed 2 weeks in the Luberon
Alsace area stayed twice
Normandy and some Brittany
Sarlat as a base for 1 week
Paris 4 times
After 3 weeks we will end up in Paris for a few days and the only other place on our list is visiting some French friends for a few days, they live near Nimes. I would also like to see Avignon and maybe a possible TGV trip back to Paris from there will work in.
We had thought maybe Dijon Burgundy area. But not sure now.
We will rent a car for all or some of the time. Whatever works in.
Now I know many people have visited and stayed at some amazing places so I am looking for help to make my decision.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 2 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 3 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 4 Bernina Express mid-March
- 5 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Italy
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 16 Ireland travel passport question
- 17 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 18 where to stay in London?
- 19 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 20 vienna
- 21 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 24 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 25 Juangfrau / mt