Next year we will again be visiting my happy place France.
We will fly out of Dubrovnik on the 30th June to somewhere in France. I've looked at flights out of Dubrovnik to France and all destinations, other than Paris - (we will end our trip there 3 weeks later), requires at least 1 stop (no direct flights).
So the choice is ours.
We love France and have visited the following areas:
Provence, stayed 2 weeks in the Luberon
Alsace area stayed twice
Normandy and some Brittany
Sarlat as a base for 1 week
Paris 4 times
After 3 weeks we will end up in Paris for a few days and the only other place on our list is visiting some French friends for a few days, they live near Nimes. I would also like to see Avignon and maybe a possible TGV trip back to Paris from there will work in.
We had thought maybe Dijon Burgundy area. But not sure now.
We will rent a car for all or some of the time. Whatever works in.
Now I know many people have visited and stayed at some amazing places so I am looking for help to make my decision.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 2 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 retruning to US with souveniers
- 9 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 12 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 16 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 17 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!