I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 2 Budapest Hotels
- 3 4 days in switzerland
- 4 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 5 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 6 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 7 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 8 Munich
- 9 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 10 First time in France
- 11 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 12 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 13 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 14 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 15 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 16 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 17 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 18 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 19 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 20 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 21 Portugal itinerary help
- 22 First Time Solo Travel info
- 23 Prague hotels
- 24 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 25 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please