I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 2 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 Venice
- 5 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 6 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 7 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 8 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 9 Another Book List for Italy
- 10 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 11 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 12 Last night in Sweden
- 13 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 16 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 17 charming cities in Spain
- 18 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 20 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 21 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 Berlin, Nice and London
- 25 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts