I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 8 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 Norwegian Air?
- 11 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 12 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 13 Highclare Castle
- 14 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 15 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 16 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 17 Salzburg itinerary review
- 18 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 19 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 20 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 21 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 22 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 23 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 24 Spain: train/rental car help
- 25 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony