I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 2 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 3 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 4 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 5 Hilton CPH no loner
- 6 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 7 travel around Spain
- 8 Scotland Trip Report
- 9 French Wedding
- 10 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 11 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 12 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 13 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 14 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 15 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 16 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 17 Wedding in Finland
- 18 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 19 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 20 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 21 Cornwall UK
- 22 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 23 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 24 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 25 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas