I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Summer Travel order
- 14 10 days in Paris and......
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 Brugge hotel help
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 23 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 24 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 25 LIsbon