I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Car rental in Santorini port
- 3 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Renting a car in Greece
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 8 renting a car in greece
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 15 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 retruning to US with souveniers
- 18 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 19 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 20 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 24 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?