I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 2 Kilt makers
- 3 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 4 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 5 Puglia
- 6 Stonehenge and Bath
- 7 Manchester on derby weekend
- 8 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 9 My First Trip to Europe...
- 10 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 11 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 12 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 13 France to stop making foie grois
- 14 train from ravenna to parma
- 15 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 16 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 17 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 20 Madrid city centre?
- 21 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 22 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 23 counselling in West London
- 24 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 25 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...