I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 4 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 5 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 6 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 7 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 8 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 9 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 10 Abruzzo region
- 11 cell phone companys
- 12 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 13 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 14 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 15 Guides - Matera
- 16 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 17 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 18 Spain Itinerary Help
- 19 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 20 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 21 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 22 French lavender and cottages
- 23 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 24 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 25 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break