I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 2 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 3 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 Holland/France/Spain
- 6 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 7 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 8 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 9 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 10 Why Not Helsinki?
- 11 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 12 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 13 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 14 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 15 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 16 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 17 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 18 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 19 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 20 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 21 Iceland Day 5
- 22 Scotland Trip
- 23 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 24 Montenegro in September
- 25 3 week stay in Scotland