I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Where to go wine tasting? (France/Italy?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Winter in Europe - Accommodation book in advance?
- 2 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 3 Does this itinerary seem rushed? 3 week Europe Trip
- 4 Winter visit: Kitzbuhel or Arlberb
- 5 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 6 Italy - Venice to Rome via Pisa - Day trip
- 7 Cream tea
- 8 Favorite Greek Islands?
- 9 Sicily, East & West side
- 10 Healthy oldies visiting Eastern Europe
- 11 SHOULD I BRING A TRANSLATION PHRASE/DICTIONARY TO HUNGARY
- 12 BIG BUS TOUR IN BUDAPEST
- 13 WHAT TO WEAR/BRING TO BUDAPEST IN EARLY OCTOBER
- 14 Vineyard tours, Sept. Burgos or Leon area
- 15 Areas in Spain to visit?
- 16 Commuter trains in Spain ( Cercanías)
- 17 Renfe missing trains now I saw 6 mo ago
- 18 Dual sim phone
- 19 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 20 Italy
- 21 DB Bahn Train reservation
- 22 New Years in Northern Italy
- 23 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 24 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 25 Your favorites: Italy: specifically Rome, Florence, and Venice