I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Where to go wine tasting? (France/Italy?)
- 1 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 2 Spain - Andalucia
- 3 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 6 TGV and Provence questions
- 7 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 8 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 9 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 10 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 11 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 12 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 13 2 Week European Itinerary
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 Channel Islands
- 16 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 17 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 18 Car in Prague
- 19 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 20 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 21 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 22 Rome Accommodation
- 23 Istanbul hotels
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 25 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary