I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3/4/ days South of France
- 2 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 3 Granada to Madrid
- 4 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 5 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 6 Gluten Free in Italy
- 7 Our Fabulous South-West France Adventure - September 2014
- 8 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 9 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 10 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 11 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 12 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 13 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 14 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 15 French open 2017
- 16 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed
- 17 What do pack for Ireland?
- 18 Train & Car Rental Logistics from Florence
- 19 Nocelle on the Amalfi Coast
- 20 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 21 Paris hotels
- 22 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 23 TAP airlines & other questions
- 24 Sentimental Journey
- 25 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria