I will be in Florence in early September and have two or three days before I have to end up in Paris. We want to taste wines. Ideally reds (Cabs are my favorite but I like everything.) We are already looking into doing a day trip from Florence in order to go wine tasting, so my questions are:
1) Where should that day from Florence trip be, and through whom should we book? Most of the tours I've found are expensive, cater to retirees and only visit one vineyard -- ideally we'd do more of a "tour." Also open to hiring a driver and flying solo.
2) If we have two additional days, where is our time best spent? We could either stay in the Tuscany region or head up to France. Beaune/Burgundy? Alsace? Bordeaux? Something outside of Paris? I'm looking at trains and flights and everything seems difficult to get to, so I'm open to suggestions not only on location but also on transportation, lodging, tours, logistics, etc.
Where to go wine tasting? (France/Italy?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland hostel recommendations on Ring Road
- 2 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 3 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 4 eateries in Puglia
- 5 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 6 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 7 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 8 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 9 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 10 Terrorism in Europe
- 11 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 12 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 14 Help with France itinerary
- 15 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 16 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 17 Spending $ for 10 nights (2 people) in Western Europe
- 18 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 19 Cornwall or Paris?
- 20 Day trips from Bologna
- 21 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 22 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 23 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 24 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 25 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London